ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sopranos vs. the Wire

Go down

Sopranos vs. the Wire Empty Sopranos vs. the Wire

Post  elaine1015 Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:25 am

I'll start out by saying I love The Wire. It's my second favorite show behind The Sopranos obviously and I've watched all the seasons 3-4 times already. With that being said, I am amazed at so many people not only say The Wire is better, but how some say it's not even close. While The Wire is unbelievably intricate and well thought out in each season, it takes the whole season to enjoy it entirely. In fact, some of the best episodes with the real drama and not just the great season-long storytelling (Middle Ground & Season 4 Finale) I think barely matches up with what some would consider The Sopranos worst. While The Wire is my second favorite show ever by a long shot, I can't even begin to measure it up with the overall dynamic of The Sopranos. While I think The Wire talks about very important social issues, I don't see it as an artistic masterpiece like the Sopranos. I can watch individual episodes of that like I can The Sopranos but not The Wire - and I think that matters.)

elaine1015

Back to top Go down