ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing Race's Daniel and Jordan: First-Class Move "Made All the Difference in the World

Go down

Amazing Race's Daniel and Jordan: First-Class Move "Made All the Difference in the World Empty Amazing Race's Daniel and Jordan: First-Class Move "Made All the Difference in the World

Post  rosekitty Mon May 10, 2010 11:37 pm

It became a battle the simpsons complete seasonof the brothers at the end of The Amazing Race 16,the simpsons dvd season with the Rhode Island-bred Daniel, 25, and Jordan Pious, the simpsons dvd23, edging out cowboys Jet and Cord for the $1 million the simpsons dvd collection — without any advantage from cutting in line at the airport. the simpsons complete series dvd"We were in the same exact plane at the the simpsons box setsame exact time, all middle seats in three consecutive rows. Caite and Brent, true blood dvd season who were first to get tickets, were in the row true blood dvd furthest from the front,"true blood box set Dan tells TVGuide.com. true blood series dvd "If people want to be up-in-arms about cutting, I can understand that, but don't think that it affected the Race.true blood complete dvd season ... And Cord did a good job of getting mash complete series revenge and distracting me at the virtual challenge, mash dvdso I guess we're even." It was, rather,mash dvd season the move up to first class that ensured the mash dvd collectionPiouses a lead that they never relinquished.mash series dvdSo how did they smooth-talk their way up front?

TVGuide.com: What was your mash box set tactic behind cutting the cowboys?
Jordan: We had cold case box set not done one single thing on the entire Race to piss off another team. We were not that team.cold case dvd But fans have to understand that it's the final leg. cold case dvd seasonYou have a one in three chance of winning $1 million. At the end of the day,sopranos complete series it's a game, so you have to make moves. sopranos complete seriesThat move didn't make a difference and we kind of knew that. sopranos dvd seasonI was just hanging out with Caite, sopranos box setso that was where I was in line. sopranos complete seasonBut it kind of riled us up and got us excited sopranos series dvdto put the pedal to the metal in the final leg.

Amazing Race's Michael and Louie: one tree hill dvd season"Mr. Know-It-All" Joe needs to get over the U-Turn

TVGuide.com: The game-changer was when you,one tree hill dvd Dan, coaxed the flight attendant to move you to first class. What did you say to her?
Dan: Aw, man! What I one tree hill dvd seriessaid is a little X-rated. [Laughs] No, I'm joking! She was a really sweet girl one tree hill box setand we hit it off. Personalities clicked and the wedding's next week! No, glee season 1 dvd box setno. She was really enthralled by the cameras and glee season 1 dvd was willing to help us out, and it made all the difference in the world. That put us ahead. We cut it close [the last two legs] glee dvd season— certainly not as close as it looked, but it was close. Merlin series dvdWe were lucky to be able to survive, Merlin dvdand that was our strategy the whole race: Merlin dvd seasonjust survive. It doesn't matter what place we're in, Merlin dvd box setjust don't be last, and then on the last leg, get first.

TVGuide.com: Did it really take you dollhouse dvd seasonthat long to find a cab after the memory task?
Dan: It was literally three minutes, dollhouse dvdbut they made it seem a lot longer. We knew we had a solid lead. dollhouse box setWe ended up beating the cowboys by about 25 rome series dvdminutes. They weren't even close to the memory challenge rome dvdwhen we left. ... We told the cab driver, "We'll give you $100. rome dvd seasonJust get us to Candlestick Park." I think the rate was $20, rome dvd box setand he's like, "Wait, are you really going to give me $100?" I said, "I gave you my word." At that point, we had, like, $400 saved up.
Jordan: We're also very stingy! I wouldn't let Daniel,Homicide: Life on the Street dvd like, eat. You never know when you need your cash, soHomicide: Life on the Street dvd season I wanted to make sure we had enough to handle whatever came our way. But you can kind of tell that we were not too stressed. Homicide: Life on the Street box set At one point, I'm like, "Daniel, this is it!" Homicide: Life on the Street series dvd It was an exciting moment, not because I was panicking. Homicide: Life on the Streethey showed every single second of the three minutes that we looked for a cab.

Amazing Race's Joe and Heidi:The Vampire Diaries dvd release Morse code challenge was "an impossible task"

TVGuide.com: The cowboys caught up to you at almost every task. Were you worried about them overtaking your lead?
Dan: We're always worried about them, The Vampire Diaries dvdbut even though they caught up physically, at Coit Tower, The Vampire Diaries dvd seasonthere was a mandatory 15-minute wait. You had to go over safety The Vampire Diaries box set and get harnessed, so I was about 80 percent done with my ascension as they were arriving, JAG dvd seasonso they had to wait 15 minutes. At the virtual tour, we were getting our final clue [at the second goal] and JAG dvdthey were just starting the first goal.JAG box set While they were physically next to us, we were JAG series dvdalways still ahead.

TVGuide.com: Jordan, JAG dvd seasonthis was your dream. The Prisoner complete seriesWhat was going through your The Prisoner dvdmind when you realized you won?
Jordan: From watching the show for 15 seasons, I knew when I came out of that helmet, you look at Phil and ask "Are there any teams next to him?" The answer was no,The Prisoner dvd seasonthen it's like "Holy crap! You're the Amazing Race 16 winners and you just won $1 million." Between the end of that helmet and probably the 20-yard line, I blacked out and don't remember anything. The Prisoner box setI was living my dream and trying to enjoy it, The Prisoner series dvdbut was so overwhelmed by emotion and excitement. ... I was literally having an out-of-body experience.

Amazing Race's Steve and Sex and the City box set Allie: Elimination was "hard to swallow"

TVGuide.com: Dan, some fans think Sex and the City DVDyou weren't into the Race because you did it for Jordan and hate traveling.Sex and the City series dvd What have you gotten out of it besides $1 million?
Dan: My brother's dream is achieved, Sex and the City dvd seasonand I saw things in the world that I've never seen. La Femme Nikita dvd seasonWhen we were leaving the Seychelles at night La Femme Nikita dvd... we saw the Milky Way galaxy. You see shooting La Femme Nikita box setstars every four-to-five minutes. It was the most beautiful thing ever. .How I met your mother dvd.. I certainly did my share of complaining on the Race, but How I met your mother box setwhen there was a challenge, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone more focused on getting the job done. .Everybody hates Chris dvd season.. It was a great opportunity to be on The Amazing Race. I've never said otherwise. Everybody hates Chris dvdI'll admit I wasn't a gigantic fan going into it, but I think Everybody hates Chris series dvd the die-hard fans will be glad to know that there is one more die-hard Everybody hates Chris dvd box setfan in myself now that I've done it.
Jordan: People are questioning whether Remington Steele dvd seasons Daniel was really invested in this. Remington Steele dvdThere is a reason I chose him. I knew he was going to take this Race seriously and do everything he could to win and to make my dream come true in every way. Remington Steele dvd box setHe is the most competitive person I know. If that [last] cab ride isn't an indication of how committed he is, Remington Steele series dvdthen quite frankly, I don't know what is.

TVGuide.com: In the online extras, Xena Warrior Princess dvd seasonthere are videos that reference Joe making negative comments to Jordan.
Jordan: Joe made some negative comments toward me, Xena Warrior Princess series dvdbut I've got to be honest, Joe made some nasty comments to a lot of teams. Xena Warrior Princess dvd box setHe's a very abrasive and confrontational Heroes dvd seasonsindividual who would find any excuse to almost put somebody down. At the airport in Argentina ... I was having a really rough day. I was emotional and crying — I mean, gosh, Heroes dvdI'm sure we saw that a couple of times!Heroes dvd box set Joe comes up to me and goes, "You done crying?" He just has a way with words and really puts his nose where it doesn't belong.
Dan: He had a problem with Jordan, he had a problem Lost dvd box setwith Mike and Louie, he had a problem with Jeff. I don't know if you've seen the Elimination Station videos ... but it's like The Joe Show. Lost dvdHe called his wife — who is a gorgeous, smart, amazing woman — a "PTA mom." He did it twice! He actually Lost dvd series dvdcalled his wife that, which is the most absurd thing.

Amazing Race's Carol and Brandy: Stargate Atlantis dvd box setCaite "very clearly had a problem with us as lesbians"

TVGuide.com: What are Stargate Atlantis dvdyou going to do with the $1 million?
Dan: We're going to give some to Uncle Sam and Stargate Atlantis dvd seasonwe'll put the rest in the bank and save it, invest it.

TVGuide.com: And you're not going Stargate Atlantis series dvd to ride your motorcycles?
Dan: [Laughs] There's no Dark Angel dvd seasonchance! We were not lying about that. We will never, never Dark Angel dvd— I'll get on it once and snap Dark Angel dvd box seta picture, but that's it. If you know anyone Dark Angel series dvd
TVGuide.com: After your champagne glass-stacking Dawsons Creek box setprowess in France, has anyone contacted you Dawsons Creek dvd for bar or bat mitzvahs?
Jordan: [Laughs] I think every Dawsons Creek dvd seasonJewish person that we know in this world told us that they were laughing their asses Dawsons Creek series dvdoff when we referenced that.
Dan: We've had no calls. Desperate Housewives dvd seasonI think Jordan's comment about us being very Desperate Housewives dvdexpensive may have turned some Desperate Housewives dvd collectionpeople away.
Jordan: You said "expensive" and I said,Desperate Housewives dvd box set "very expensive."
Dan: OK, I'm forgetting. But we've had no requests at this point, Desperate Housewives series dvdbut if you know anyone, send them our way!

Scrubs dvd season
Scrubs dvd box set
Scrubs series dvd
Scrubs dvd
House MD dvd season
House MD dvd box set
House MD series dvd
House MD series dvd

rosekitty

Back to top Go down