ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Criminal Minds Producer on Spin-Off Pilot: "Our World Just Got Bigger"

Go down

Criminal Minds Producer on Spin-Off Pilot: "Our World Just Got Bigger" Empty Criminal Minds Producer on Spin-Off Pilot: "Our World Just Got Bigger"

Post  robson12 Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:38 am

Are two Criminal Minds box set better than one?
Chris Mundy thinks so.
"Believe me, you want these people out there following serial killers!" the Criminal Minds dvd collection executive producer tells TVGuide.com. "The more people, the better."
For the past five years, it's been Hotch & Co. giving the BAU a good name dvd csi miami, but on Wednesday (9/8c on CBS) fans will meet a new profiling squad, led by Sam Cooper (Forest Whitaker), within the BAU Greys Anatomy season in a backdoor pilot for a spin-off written by Mundy.
Forest Whitaker to star in Criminal Minds season spin-off
A spin-off was discussed CSI Miami dvd series in the third season, but it was put on the back burner when Mandy Patinkin abruptly left Minds. Then the bones dvd series writers' strike truncated Season 3, leading to a longer Season 4 before things settled down this year for the idea to move Smallville seasons dvd forward.
Criminal Minds Producer on Spin-Off Pilot: "Our World Just Got Bigger" 100406criminal-minds-whitaker1
Titled "The Fight," the dvd csi las vegas episode takes the BAU team to San Francisco after Cooper, who worked with Hotch (Thomas Gibson) and Rossi (Joe Mantegna) until he went NCIS dvd off the grid eight years ago, calls in a favor about a missing father and daughter. Their absences Smallville series dvd, however, have not been reported, and Cooper must convince Hotch the case smallville complete series is worth his team's time.
"Hotch has to put himself on the line for him, and he does Lost tv series because there's a lot of affection and respect from both sides. There's nothing antagonistic about smallville dvd set at all," Mundy says. "It's two halves of the case coming together. I like NCIS dvd collection the idea of: How do you track a crime that you don't even know exists? And I have two daughters, so I feel like on a subconscious level, I said, 'What would you do CSI Las Vegas dvd series to save your daughter?' That's really the core of the episode. It was like a math equation trying to fit our seven dvd smallville characters, their four characters, two halves of the case and this father-daughter relationship in one episode. It was a challenge smallville box set, but it was fun."
The spin-off — currently untitled ("CSI Las Vegas season has CSI Miami season andCSI NY DVD., and NCIS has Los Angeles, but we travel everywhere, so we can't do that!") — would be similar to the original in terms of the crimes CSI Las Vegas dvds, but its style would be distinct. "These guys definitely try to exist free of as much Battlestar Galactica dvd set bureaucracy as they can," Mundy says. "It's tough to get darker than [Minds] ... but they'll be a little looser, a little scruffier."
Also unlike the original, which started with house md season Patinkin and Gibson as co-leads, Whitaker's Cooper is the sole "charismatic team leader" — similar CSI Las Vegas tv series to the Academy Award winner's role off-camera. "Forest has been amazing. He was on our crazy wish list, like NCIS dvd series, 'Wouldn't it be amazing if we could get Forest Whitaker?' ... Next thing you know Battlestar Galactica box set, he's doing it," Mundy says. "He took it upon himself to get the new cast together a bunch of different times and talk about The Vampire Diaries box set their relationships as characters and how they interact. I was so impressed at every stage with him."
Exclusive: Breaking Bad's Dean Norris to appear on Criminal Minds
Cooper's team includes military brat Gina (Beau Garrett), who was plucked Battlestar Galactica dvd series by Cooper straight out of the FBI academy CSI Las Vegas complete series; sniper Mick (Matt Ryan), formerly of the British special forces The Vampire Diaries dvd and who mysteriously worked with Cooper in the past; and ex-con Prophet (Michael Kelly), who was originally conceived family guy series dvd as an African-American character.
"You think Michael can't play an African-American?" Mundy laughs. "We looked at a ton of actors and in the end, it was about picking the best Ugly Betty box set person for each character. We also talked about Cooper being a woman at one point. ... Prophet is an ex-con still. If we're lucky enough to exist, we're going to look at the year as three acts and ... find out how someone with a record Scrubs season got into the FBI, Cooper's past and all these things."
Mundy says he won't know until CBS' upfront on May 19 if the spin-off South Park series dvd will be picked up. If it is, he would leave Minds, where's he's wrapping up the season with the team's first trip to Alaska and another family guy dvd set cliff-hanger finale. (Fun fact: Alaska is one of 16 states Scrubs tv series hasn't visited.)
dvd criminal minds' Matthew Gray Gubler: Directorial debut "will creep you out"
"Honestly, I'm having such separation anxiety. It's been my home," he says. "We're all incredibly close. I feel very odd about it. They'll be fine South Park dvd set [without me]! It's a very talented, great bunch here. I mean, Matthew [Gray Gubler] did an unbelievable job directing, so they'll be great. ... I hope he'll direct again, and I hope we'll tell good stories on the new one with good Californication seasons dvd characters who can cross [paths] with our originals. Rossi and Cooper can pass in the hallway or have a beer after work, you know? I love Disney series dvd that our world just got bigger."

robson12

Back to top Go down