ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House M.D Diary

Go down

House M.D Diary Empty House M.D Diary

Post  Nancybaby Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:32 am

So fresh off production of The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes and Emergency Room: Real Life Rescues, it seemed like a natural fit to combine the two elements and start on a game based on the TV series House series dvd . I was very enthusiastic to start working on the project because I was a fan of the show, which is saying a lot because I don't watch very much television (I'm more of a movies-kind-of-guy) so finding a show that I've actually seen, Cold Case comlete serieslet alone enjoy, is pretty challenging. (Nothing against TV programs per se, I just generally prefer to play games and watch movies.)
All that aside, House series dvd . has been one of the shows in recent years that has caught my loyalty. Perhaps it was the fact that there are many deliberate Sherlock Holmes references in the show (the number of House's apartment is 221B, for example). Gilmore Girls complete seriesOr perhaps it was the amazing casting of Hugh Laurie, who has been in my sights as a comedic actor since the 70sScrubs dvd (wow, that makes me sound old). I think it was all these things together that make it such a personally connected drama for me; I mean who can resist a sarcastic, genius with salt-and-pepper hair, beautiful blue eyes and a sexy, Desperate Housewives dvd scruffy chin (or what I like to call: "The European Beard")?
Once I had worked myself into a frenzy of enthusiasm for the project, it was time to get back to reality and see just what it meant to embark on this daunting mission. Criminal Minds dvd box setFirst, it meant handing off the sequel to my Sherlock game to another producer. As painful as that was to do, there was no way to do both games at the same time. one tree hill dvd box set Fortunately my colleague Ryan Modjeski was willing to take over on it so I have no worries; Star Trek dvdsthe game is in good hands.
Next was to find a good writer that could handle the snarky witticism of House with a great mix of Sherlockian mystery and medical drama. Disney dvd collectionLucky for me, at the time, my assistant producer, Genaro Avila, and I happened to be attending the San Diego Comic Con working the IDW party for our release of the Igor game when he introduces me tobones dvd a freelance writer for IDW who also happened to be the roommate of one of my best friends in college, Arie Kaplan.

Nancybaby

Back to top Go down