ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthew Etherington to Charlton

5 posters

Go down

Matthew Etherington to Charlton Empty Matthew Etherington to Charlton

Post  cafc-4-life Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:23 pm

Matthew Etherington has been linked to Charlton and is expected to sign for the addicks when they come back from there Spain trip. The West Ham man was managed by Alan Pardew when brought to the club and is meant to be good friends with the manager. The midfielder is meant to be a hard worker for the ball and can play that final good ball for a goal to happen. Etherington has bags of experience for both Premier League and Championship as off playing for West Ham on there season to the top flight.
cafc-4-life
cafc-4-life
Admin

http://www.bythesword.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Matthew Etherington to Charlton Empty Re: Matthew Etherington to Charlton

Post  aidenbooth Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:14 pm

Where do you find this news?! This would be a great signing by the way.

aidenbooth

Back to top Go down

Post  cafc-4-life Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:20 pm

aidenbooth wrote:Where do you find this news?! This would be a great signing by the way.

My mate found it on BBC 606
cafc-4-life
cafc-4-life
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aidenbooth Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:21 pm

cafc-4-life wrote:
aidenbooth wrote:Where do you find this news?! This would be a great signing by the way.

Ah, so you have your links? Laughing

aidenbooth

Back to top Go down

Post  cafc-4-life Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:27 pm

aidenbooth wrote:
cafc-4-life wrote:

Ah, so you have your links? Laughing

Lol I have some from Dan Bream, Chris Dickson, Yado Mambo and youngster Harry Pell lol and some people who work at the club.
cafc-4-life
cafc-4-life
Admin

Back to top Go down

Matthew Etherington to Charlton Empty matthew etherington

Post  mickeyjblock Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:34 pm

if this is true i think it be a class sighning as his pin point crosses be gd is a loan or permant signing maybe he can show jerome how to cross a ball lol
mickeyjblock
mickeyjblock

Back to top Go down

Post  aidenbooth Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:37 pm

cafc-4-life wrote:Lol I have some from Dan Bream, Chris Dickson, Yado Mambo and youngster Harry Pell lol and some people who work at the club.

Ooooo, get you! Laughing

aidenbooth

Back to top Go down

Post  aidenbooth Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:38 pm

mickeyjblock wrote:if this is true i think it be a class sighning as his pin point crosses be gd is a loan or permant signing maybe he can show jerome how to cross a ball lol

It would be brilliant! Someone that actually has a good delivery. I think he's too good for us though?

aidenbooth

Back to top Go down

Post  cafc-4-life Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:43 pm

mickeyjblock wrote:if this is true i think it be a class sighning as his pin point crosses be gd is a loan or permant signing maybe he can show jerome how to cross a ball lol

Thats the part I am not to sure on, hopefully a loan and option to buy at end of season? Come on Curbsy must still have some good in his heart to loan players out to charlton who are now in the championship. Remember him about the Valley of Dreams Wink
cafc-4-life
cafc-4-life
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aidenbooth Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:45 pm

cafc-4-life wrote:Thats the part I am not to sure on, hopefully a loan and option to buy at end of season? Come on Curbsy must still have some good in his heart to loan players out to charlton who are now in the championship. Remember him about the Valley of Dreams Wink

Let's all write to Curbs, pleaing him to send Ethrington to us. Very Happy

aidenbooth

Back to top Go down

Post  cafc-4-life Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:50 pm

aidenbooth wrote:
cafc-4-life wrote:Thats the part I am not to sure on, hopefully a loan and option to buy at end of season? Come on Curbsy must still have some good in his heart to loan players out to charlton who are now in the championship. Remember him about the Valley of Dreams Wink

Let's all write to Curbs, pleaing him to send Ethrington to us. Very Happy
lets just ask for Mullins and Ferdinand whilst we are there to Wink would complete our defence and midfield problem if Etherington came aswell Razz
cafc-4-life
cafc-4-life
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aidenbooth Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:52 pm

cafc-4-life wrote:lets just ask for Mullins and Ferdinand whilst we are there to Wink would complete our defence and midfield problem if Etherington came aswell Razz

Ah, that would be terrific. Anyone else while we're at it?

aidenbooth

Back to top Go down

Post  cafc-4-life Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:54 pm

aidenbooth wrote:
cafc-4-life wrote:lets just ask for Mullins and Ferdinand whilst we are there to Wink would complete our defence and midfield problem if Etherington came aswell Razz

Ah, that would be terrific. Anyone else while we're at it?

not at the moment but we could give them Fortune in exchange Smile
cafc-4-life
cafc-4-life
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aidenbooth Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:56 pm

cafc-4-life wrote:not at the moment but we could give them Fortune in exchange Smile

That would be a fantastic idea. Give them Semedo and Zheng Zhi (if he's going to play anything like he did at the end of last season) as well.

aidenbooth

Back to top Go down

Post  cafc-4-life Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:01 pm

aidenbooth wrote:
cafc-4-life wrote:not at the moment but we could give them Fortune in exchange Smile

That would be a fantastic idea. Give them Semedo and Zheng Zhi (if he's going to play anything like he did at the end of last season) as well.

Merr Semedo yes, ZZ no Smile
cafc-4-life
cafc-4-life
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Doctor Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:43 am

cafc-4-life wrote:

didnt you just copy it off someone who posted it on addickted who copied it off 606
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post  cafc-4-life Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:59 am

The Doctor wrote:
cafc-4-life wrote:

didnt you just copy it off someone who posted it on addickted who copied it off 606
nope i'm sure i didn't
cafc-4-life
cafc-4-life
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Capt. Jack Harkness Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:55 am

While I'd agree that Mathew Etherington is hard working, as a life long West Ham fan I'd say your description is a bit off, Mathew Etherington is a flairy dribbler who prefers to come inside and cut up defends. Delivering pin point passes and crosses really isn't his thing. He's a passable crosser but he gets most of his a assists by driving past defenders and doing a simple pass for a tap in. His crosses when running often fail to get off the ground. He does take a good corner though. He's a better finisher than he is creator. He also has a horrific injury history, and I don't mean bad luck with tackles his legs tend to buckle when he's running randomly, he also has lost alot of the pace he used to have.

That said he'd be a fantastic player, especailly at that level, and I'd heartily recommend him. Wouldn't be thrilled to see him leave but we've got so many sicknotes we could probably do with offloading one, we might be able to pay Rob Green a decent wage if he leaves. Although I haven't heard that we were looking to offload him, I'd imagine he'd be in the 2 - 4m range nowadays. I'd only heard we were looking to lose Ljunberg, Bowyer, Mullins, Quashie, Davenport, Ferdinand and Gabbidon.
Capt. Jack Harkness
Capt. Jack Harkness

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport

Back to top Go down

Post  cafc-4-life Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:33 am

Capt. Jack Harkness wrote:While I'd agree that Mathew Etherington is hard working, as a life long West Ham fan I'd say your description is a bit off, Mathew Etherington is a flairy dribbler who prefers to come inside and cut up defends. Delivering pin point passes and crosses really isn't his thing. He's a passable crosser but he gets most of his a assists by driving past defenders and doing a simple pass for a tap in. His crosses when running often fail to get off the ground. He does take a good corner though. He's a better finisher than he is creator. He also has a horrific injury history, and I don't mean bad luck with tackles his legs tend to buckle when he's running randomly, he also has lost alot of the pace he used to have.

That said he'd be a fantastic player, especailly at that level, and I'd heartily recommend him. Wouldn't be thrilled to see him leave but we've got so many sicknotes we could probably do with offloading one, we might be able to pay Rob Green a decent wage if he leaves. Although I haven't heard that we were looking to offload him, I'd imagine he'd be in the 2 - 4m range nowadays. I'd only heard we were looking to lose Ljunberg, Bowyer, Mullins, Quashie, Davenport, Ferdinand and Gabbidon.

We will have Bowyer and Mullins Smile
cafc-4-life
cafc-4-life
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down