ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.Even dumb ideas can turn into great TV shows

Go down

.Even dumb ideas can turn into great TV shows Empty .Even dumb ideas can turn into great TV shows

Post  ivyivy Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:01 am

In the course of a day's work, a lot of really dumb stuff crosses my desk. Or my computer.

Which isn't surprising. I do, after all, write about television for a living.

Occasionally, however, I see something so dumb it takes me aback. Like when I recently saw a column by an alleged television critic telling Supernatural DVD very good Lost dvds it is a good choice for you Walt Disney 100 Years Of Magic (164 Discs) for e example the Doctor Who dvds and Criminal Minds dvdus what the 10 worst shows of the upcoming season will be.

Unless you're a big believer in crystal balls and tarot cards, this is sheer baloney.

This evaluation was made on the basis of descriptions of pilots that have yet to be filmed. Even if all of them do go in front of the camera — and that isn't always the case, even after a network orders a pilot — there's absolutely La Femme Nikita DVDs all are good items Dexter dvd season,welcome you come to our website to have a look.if you are a tv fan. Then it is a good news for you, bencanse you can see many
Glee series dvd tv shous on our website.
Dollhouse seasons dvd this tv show is just one of them,
JAG dvd collection next I will introduce more and more tv shows for you ,for example
no guarantee that all of them will make it on the fall schedule.

There's no guarantee that any of them will make it.

Call me crazy (I've been called far worse),Homicide: Life on the Street dvd box set and the
Rome dvd box set are very good tv shows , I hope you can get more and more tv shows from our help.Get Smart series dvd is a also a good tv serise. Hope you can get more and more fun from our website.www.dvdsetcollection.com. we are waiting for you visit. Thank you for your
but I like to actually see a show before I review it.

I'm not saying you can't get excited about an upcoming project based on the description. There are several pilots I'm anxious to see. That I hope turn out well.

And there are others that I hold out little hope for, given the synopsis, the producers and/or the cast.

But to review a show without seeing itThe Vampire Diaries series dvd tv show is very good . the dvd on the dvdsetcollection merlin dvd box set is very good. If you want is nothing short of dishonest. To call on networks to reject a show about which you know nothing more than producers, cast and a brief description is foolish.

Frankly, there are dozens ?— hundreds — of examples of what sounded like bad ideas that turned into hit TV shows. Including:

The ultimate example may be "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." Not only was it a show based on a bad movie, but — c'mon — it was about a teenager named Buffy who killed vampires. And her boyfriend turned out to be a vampire himself.

How much dumber could a show sound?

When that pilot showed up on my desk in late 1996, I avoided watching it for as long as I possibly could. OK, the truth is — get smart series dvd to know more about our get smart series dvd products you can visit our website buffy the vampire slayer box set the tv show I will satisfy you very much. Rome DVD TV show is perfectI thought it was a sitcom.

When I finally shoved the tape in my VCR just before the January 1997 Television Critics Association press tour, I was pleasantly surprised. OK, I was shocked.

This incredibly dumb-soundingTheTwo and a half men DVD is an excellent comedy season。While Boston Legal DVD tv show is worth watching. Watching House MD DVDis a good relaxation, show was incredibly good.

It ran for seven seasons, garnering all sorts of critical praise.

Luckily for me, I hadn't done anything stupid like urge the network not to put the show on the air. Like tell readers it was going to be bad.

You never know.

And, call me crazy, but telling people that which you don't know is not only a huge disservice, but it can make you look pretty darn dumb.

And I look dumb often enough without NCIS DVD is on sale. Most watched Charmed DVD is on special promotion. Buy one tree hill dvd is a wise decision. This Medium DVD is much cheaper than its previous version. The Apprentice DVD is the best sellerusing ESP to review television shows.

ROOM FOR DISAGREEMENT: Reviewing TV shows is not an exact science. A review is one person's opinion, and I don't know any two people who agree on everything.

As I've told people for years, if we all liked the same TV shows we'd only need one channel and I'd have to get a real job.

I don't mind if people disagree with memany stores. Watch one tree hill dvd season is great joy on raining days.If you have bought prison break dvd tv shows, please try The Shield DVD Season, it will never let you down.I love to watchThe L Word dvd andSupernatural DVD, both are great shows. I really don't. Some of my best friends are TV critics, and we have great fun arguing with each other.

But if you haven't seen a show, your opinion doesn't count.

I'm not suggesting you need to Bones DVD Season is available at www.dvdsetcollection.com If you haven’t watched The Sopranos complete dvd tv show, try it.How about Lost dvds? It’s cheap and great. And las vegas dvd series is another must have collection.My Christmas gift to my friend aremarried with children dvd and The Simpsons dvds, my friend said this is her most wanted.Doctor Who dvds is a fantastic show。Last week a friend of mine introduce mewatch everything. That's my job, and I try to help you avoid wasting your time.

But don't tell me I'm wrong if you haven't seen a show yourself.

For that matter, just because we disagree doesn't mean one of us is "wrong." Different people like different things.

The world would be awfully boring if that weren't true.

ivyivy

Back to top Go down