ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmed dvd

Go down

Charmed dvd Empty Charmed dvd

Post  moonll Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:23 am

I'm happy to charmed dvd since I saved about $100 off the cost of this thing. My comment is not about what could have been done if they had waited, it's about other things that are wrong. There are no scene selections, which is not that bad a missing feature since each chapter covers the area between commercials. This is the case on most of the charmed seasons 1-8 dvd boxset, but since every season of charmed seasons 1-8was done by a different publisher some of the chapters do not correspond to natural breaks. On the first 12 or so discs of charmed seasons 1-8 dvd boxset I only ran across some minor inaccuracies in the subititles not matching the words spoken. On several discs after that however, someone really fell down on the job. The episode titles are out of order (they are even messed up across the discs some from one disc have titles from the previous one and vice versa) and the episodes themselves do not correspond to the order of the titles and to make it worse the episodes oncharmed dvd boxset are out of order in some cases. You'd think the producers of this set would have verified the contents of their product before sending it out into the world, even if it is about 115 hours in total. Even with the minor problems, I highly recommend charmed dvd for the true Charmed fan. If you're anything like me, you were tempted by the fact that you save $100, give or take. However, it is absolutely not worth it. The quality control on these charmed 1-8 ranges from abysmal to non-existent, and you don't even get Season 8. Of my entire series, only 7 discs played properly. Most of the set was unplayable due to skips; by the middle of the episodes the charmed seasons had frozen entirely or was jolting ahead. Season 3 didn't have episodes loaded onto the discs for the charmed seasons 1-8 dvd boxset, and half of Season 5 of charmed seasons 1-8 dvd boxset couldn't even be read by my charmed dvd for sale player. And that's not even counting all of the problems with the subtitles, no chapter selection, and no extras in charmed seasons 1-8. La Femme Nikita Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset was the FIRST television show to ever have a strong, intelligent female as the lead. The actors in La Femme Nikita dvd are all of the highest caliber and the plots/story lines are so engaging, you'll be hooked after just one episode of La Femme Nikita Seasons 1-5 . If La Femme Nikita dvd boxset had been on a major network at the time it originally aired, it would have been on MUCH longer. Alias doesn't hold a candle to La Femme Nikita 1-5 (as a matter of fact, they steal a lot of their stories from LFN). Jennifer Garner only wishes she was as believable as Peta Wilson is in this type of role. Roy Dupuis (Michael) is also an amazing actor and is HUGE in Canada. La Femme Nikita seasons 1-5 was a show that believed it's audience to be intelligent, but can be enjoyed by everyone. La Femme Nikita Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset has the right mix of romance, action, intrigue, and technical gadgets so there is something for everyone.

The Tribe Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset
My Name Is Earl Seasons 1-4 DVD Boxset
The Simpsons dvd
The Simpsons Seasons 1-20 DVD Boxset
Nip Tuck Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset
Gilmore Girls Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset
The Apprentice Seasons 1-8 DVD Boxset
Ally McBeal Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset
La Femme Nikita Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset
Midsomer Murders Seasons 1-12 DVD Boxset
Star Trek Voyager Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset
Chuck Seasons 1-2 DVD Boxset