ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'How I Met Your Mother' goes Hollywood musical

Go down

'How I Met Your Mother' goes Hollywood musical Empty 'How I Met Your Mother' goes Hollywood musical

Post  ivyivy Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:01 pm

On a crisp November afternoondisney dvdon the famed New York Street at 20th Century Fox Studios in Los Angeles, old Hollywood comes back to life in an elaborate song-and-dance number that forms family guy dvd box set the centerpiecethe simpsons dvd box set of the 100th episode of CBS' hit comedy "How I Met Your Mother."

Airing Monday, Jan. 11, the simpsons dvd "Girls vs. Suits" finds the nattily dressed Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) challenged to adopt a more casual look to please a beautiful bartender (Stacy Keibler). One result of the tension is a 2 1/2-minute production numberthe office dvd box set to the song "Nothing South park dvd collectionSuits Me Like a Suit," written by series creators Carter Bays South park dvd collectionand Craig Thomas.

With music arranged and recorded with the help of composer John Swihart, and choreography by Zach Woodlee ("Glee"), regular director Pam Fryman races the dying of the light to capture the biggest dance segments, which begin shooting with Harris and about 70 diverse dancers (plus a Naruto complete series dvd box setdachshund) dressed in suits.

At one point, Harris leaps aboard a yellow cab and Curb your enthusiasm series dvdexecutes a full 360-degree spin -- on the painted metal, in disney dvd collectiondress shoes -- whileeverybody loves Raymond dvd box set lip-syncing how i met your mother series dvdinto the camera.

"Doing the 360," saysmarried with children dvd box set Harris in a American dad dvdphone interview a few days later, "that wasdisney dvd my idea. He didn't choreograph that.disney box set I justthe simpsons dvd box set started spinning. It seemed like the right thing to do. It actually wasn't very scary,Curb your enthusiasm series dvd because it all seemed kind of appropriate in the context of what we were doing, jumping up there with allall disney dvds those people on board.

"My adrenaline was kicked tothe simpsons dvd a heightened level, so I wasn't nervous. I didn't really give it a second thought, honestly. I've taken circus-y kind of classes, so if I ever Naruto complete series dvd box setwere to fall off the family guy dvd box set taxicab, I think I would land well."

Of course, there were dozens of married with children dvd box setdancers around, so perhaps they could have caught Harris.

"You would hope they would doSouth park dvd collection that," he says, "but you never know.disney dvd collection They could just watch me fallCurb your enthusiasm series dvd and then tweet about it."

Among the show's regular cast is former "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" star Alyson Hannigan, who also starred in that show's full musical episode, "Once More, With Feeling," which aired in November 2001.

It's ironic that Hannigan the simpsons dvd has now been in two TV musicals, considering, as she says on the set after the end of filming, "I just thought, 'Please don't make me sing.' "

"That's always her disney dvdfirst thought," saysthe simpsons dvd box set executive producer Thomas, who has been at Fryman's shoulder all the office dvd box setafternoon.

"That's what I say wheneverybody loves Raymond dvd box setI wake up," disney dvd collectionHannigan says,American dad dvd "I just don't want to ruin it."

"Buffy" creator Joss Whedon has also been on the 20th Century Fox lot, working on his Fox series "Dollhouse," so it wasn't a long walk to the New York Street.

"There's no bigger 'Buffy' disney dvdfan in the world," Thomas says, "as Aly will tell you. I constantly embarrass myself around her and Joss Whedon, who stopped by here yesterday for a second. I totally dorked out on him and scared him all disney dvdsaway."

But, says Harris, "We were inmarried with children dvd box set a very strange part of the filming.Curb your enthusiasm series dvdWe were doing little, tiny, chunky pieces. I wish he would have come and seen Naruto complete series dvd box setthe 70 dancers. That's much more enthralling."

As the afternoon rolls toward South park dvd collectionthe filming of the big finale, gourmet cookies arrive, and the other members of the "How I Met Your Mother" cast -- Hannigan,American dad dvd Jason Segel, Josh Radnorthe office dvd box set and Cobie Smulders -- show up to do their part.

"I'm not sore," Radnorthe simpsons dvd says the next day. "That says what an accomplished dancer I am, if nothing else." As for the song, stagethe simpsons dvd box set veteran Harris is how i met your mother series dvdimpressed.

"What you think would be parody and South park dvd box setlaughable," he says, married with children dvd box set"is actuallydisney dvd collection quite a good song. It's a very catchy tune. They wanted to do sort of an MGM (musical) but also like 'Hair: The Musical,' that exuberant, high, waily, kindSouth park dvd collection of raspy ode to joy."

Thomas admits to not stopping grinning all afternoon.

"Suddenly," he says, "we're disney dvdon an MGM musical on 'How I Met Your Mother.' It's ridiculous. It feels so epic. I can't believe we got to do it. disney box setI can't believe no one came in and Naruto complete series dvd box setstopped us at some point: 'This is insane. What are you doing.

ivyivy

Back to top Go down