ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAMILY GUY: SOMETHING, SOMETHING, SOMETHING, DARK SIDE (DVD Review)

Go down

FAMILY GUY: SOMETHING, SOMETHING, SOMETHING, DARK SIDE (DVD Review) Empty FAMILY GUY: SOMETHING, SOMETHING, SOMETHING, DARK SIDE (DVD Review)

Post  ivyivy Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:42 pm

love FAMILY GUY. I love STAR WARS. But for some reason, when you put the two together, the resultthe simpsons dvd box set is….something, something, something, mediocre.
I was underwhelmed by BLUEdisney dvd box set HARVEST,South park dvd collection the FAMILY GUY’s first effort to poke fun at George Lucas’ saga, all disney dvdsand I feel the same way about SOMETHING, SOMETHING, SOMETHING, DARK SIDE—a 54-minute parodySouth park dvd box set of THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. EMPIRE is my favorite movie of all time, and it’s obvious that executive producer Seth MacFarlanSouth park dvd collectione, writer Kirker Butler, director Dominic Polcino (who also helmed BLUE HARVEST) and the FAMILY GUY cast & crew love STAR WARS: EPISODE V, too. If you watch FAMILY Gfamily guy dvd box set UY, you know that the show has made STAR WARS references before and that these guys know that galaxy far, far away disney dvdsas well as anybody, butdisney dvd I think the the simpsons dvd problem with both SOMETHING and BLUE HARVEST disney dvd collectionis that they’re parodies. disney box setIn attempting humorous imitations of the STAR WARS films, the FAMILY GUY team disney movies on dvdis bound to the American dad dvdstory and structure of the movies they’re satirizing. And I think that hurts the throwaway and off-the-cuff humor and gags that make FAMILY GUY such athe simpsons dvd box set delight
SOMETHING disney dvdfollows EMPIRE’disney dvd box sets storyline, uses John Williams’ wonderful score and, in many sequences, replicates the movie shot-for-shot. In this FAMILY GUY take on the film, Chris is Luke Skywalker, Peter is Han Solo, Lois is Princess Leia, Brian is Chewbacca, Stewie is Darth Vader,the simpsons dvd Quagmire is C-3P0 and Cleveland is R2-D2 (complete with afro). New additions to the cast are Carl disney box setas Yoda, Mort Goldman as Lando Calrissian and Ernie the Giant Chicken as Boba Fett (ha!). Surprisingly, SOMETHING’s strength isn’t the comedy. Ithe simpsons dvd box set chuckled and smiled at some of the jokes—calling Echo Base’s ion cannon a American dad dvd“Big Nipple Gun,” Luke’s training with Yoda infamily guy dvd box set tercut with ROCKY IVall disney dvds’s training sequence, South park dvd collectionCloud Car pilots arguing over who should be steering their ship—but there are more misses than hits in thedisney dvd box set laugh department. South park dvd box setThe art department, however, deserves a round of applause. The animation in SOMETHING is disney movies on dvdsomething to bdisney dvdsehold, and STAR WARS fans will appreciate disney dvdthe level of detail and accuracy on display here. The direction, camerawork, character design and animation are top-notch.The DVD special features include a loose and amusing the simpsons dvd commentary by Butler, Polcino, disney dvd collectionactor Seth Green and executive producers MacFarlane, Mark Hentemann and David A. Goodman. FAMILY GUY Fact-Ups gives you the option of watching the movie with pop-up balloons containing various facts andAmerican dad dvd trivia about the film. the simpsons dvd box set “The Dark Side of Poster Art” interviews SOMETHING poster painter Joe Vaux, character designer Mick Cassidy and Roger Kastel, the artist who created the GONE WITH THE WIND-inspired poster disney dvdsfor EMPIRE. PolciSouth park dvd collectionno provides a second (albeit briefer) commentary in the disney dvdAnimatic Scene-to-Scene comparison. There’s also a FAMILY GUY: SOMETHING, SOMETHING, SOMETHING, DARK SIDE Table Read (not as interesting as it sounds) as well as a Sneak Peek of FAMILY GUY:disney box set EPISODE VI:family guy dvd box set WE HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS Table Read.

ivyivy

Back to top Go down