ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everybody Loves Raymond complete box

Go down

Everybody Loves Raymond complete box  Empty Everybody Loves Raymond complete box

Post  liyejous Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:37 pm

When Adam Arkin signed on for "Sons of Anarchy, Numb3rs 1-6, Band of Brothers box set, One Foot In The Grave season 1-6, Underbelly 1-3dvd, Being Human seasons 1-2," he didn't have reservations about his role as a slick white separatist or the FX drama's dark heart.

But he admits to feeling a bit "intimidated" about working with fellow series newcomer Henry Rollins, actor and musician of Black Flag punk-rock fame.
"I'm a 50-something square character actor, Foyle's War dvds," Arkin said. "There was every possibility he'd have said, The Cosby Show complete box set, 'We'll do our work together, but don't talk to me. I don't want to hear any of your bourgeois domestic'" patter.
Instead, Andromeda dvd series, Arkin found Rollins to be "incredibly warm" and a colleague who approached his work with discipline.
Arkin has equally kind words about "Sons of Anarchy" and the cast that welcomed him despite his role as a big troublemaker in season two. He's careful to correct a questioner who refers to the law-breaking motorcycle gang members as the drama's heroes.
"They're not heroes; they're the protagonists, One Foot In The Grave series 1-6," said Arkin, The Twilight Zone seasons 1-5 dvd, whose wide-ranging TV ("Northern Exposure, Foyle's War dvd set," ''Chicago Hope") and film career includes the latest Coen brothers release, "A Serious Man." He's also in demand as a director and was interviewed by phone from Dallas, Numb3rs dvd series, where he was working on a new sitcom.
His interpretation of Ethan Zoebelle, I Love Lucy on dvd, Underbelly boxset, Numb3rs 1-6, One Foot In The Grave on dvd, his "Sons of Anarchy" character, emerged after discussions with series creator Kurt Sutter. Charlie Hunnam, Spooks dvds, Katey Sagal (Sutter's wife) and Ron Perlman star in the Tuesday night show.
"We talked about my own ethnicity and the irony of having someone with a Jewish background playing a white separatist, James Bond 007 on dvd, nationalist character, House M.D boxset," Arkin said.
He also felt that, as written, Zoebelle's formal manner of speech implied he was European-born, and the actor got Sutter's OK to play him with a faint accent.
"Again, MacGyver seasons 1-7, it's an interesting irony. I felt here was this guy espousing how America had to get back to pure values and yet he himself was not from here," Arkin said.
The idea of tackling a challenging part — and one that goes somewhat against the grain of previous work — was part of the appeal for Arkin. Which is not to say Zoebelle's views are appealing.
"If it (the show) was glorifying white power and separatism... I wouldn't be associated with it. But that's not what the job of this show is, Everybody Loves Raymond complete box set, not what I'm trying to do, Spooks 1-8," he said, MacGyver dvd series, Seinfeld dvds, a hint of impatience in his voice.
"He's a fascinating character in a compelling story, and that's what is interesting, Psych boxset,

liyejous

Back to top Go down