ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The L Word dvd Season Final The first-ever American TV alternation about lesbians active off for acceptable in appropriately maddening appearance endure night. And SPOILER ALERT RIGHT HERE AND NOW its overarching final-season annihilation abstruseness rem

Go down

The L Word dvd Season Final The first-ever American TV alternation about lesbians active off for acceptable in appropriately maddening appearance endure night. And SPOILER ALERT RIGHT HERE AND NOW its overarching final-season annihilation abstruseness rem Empty The L Word dvd Season Final The first-ever American TV alternation about lesbians active off for acceptable in appropriately maddening appearance endure night. And SPOILER ALERT RIGHT HERE AND NOW its overarching final-season annihilation abstruseness rem

Post  Hchristmasday Tue May 25, 2010 2:53 am

The L Word dvd Season Final
The first-ever American TV alternation about lesbians active off for acceptable in appropriately maddening appearance endure night. And SPOILER ALERT RIGHT HERE AND NOW its overarching final-season annihilation abstruseness remains, from what I can tell, absolutely unsolved. That’s right, readers: The L Chat did not, in fact, acknowledge which of its arch characters dead Jenny Schecter.
I’d say I’m pissed off, but as a loyal eyewitness of the six-year-old Showtime ball from day one, I can’t say I accepted annihilation beneath antic than the series’ final minutes. Just afterwards Alice apparent Jenny’s physique alfresco Bette and Tina’s home–where the girls had aggregate for the couple’s bon boating party–the badge arrived, Nikki Stevens jumped out of the bushes (random!), and the girls were alleged into the cop boutique for questioning. Then, the money shot: Cars cull up to the station, and the girls–looking as agleam and comfortable as ever–emerge one-by-one to airing against the camera (and allegedly a wind machine), bright as the end credits roll. In the background, a retooled adaptation of Betty’s epically abhorrent affair song played, no off-pitch choir or abhorrent lyrics muddling the moment. I didn’t apperceive whether to laugh, cry, or just blow audibly and yield accession abysmal choke of wine (my accepted m.o. while watching the show).
Creator Ilene Chaiken is currently apprehension chat from Showtime on whether or not L Chat aftereffect The Farm is a go. The series’ apriorism has already been announced: it’s accession appearance about females, this one set in prison. And the capital casting affiliate has continued been accepted to be Leisha Hailey, who plays Alice on The L Word dvd box set. So…in some ways, the catechism of who dead Jenny has been arguable from the start; Chaiken told EW advanced this year that "if the new appearance goes on the air, it will be affiliated to theWho-Killed-Jenny? storyline, and I would say that that’s what Alice isin bastille for. I don’t apperceive that she in fact dead Jenny." In addition, admirers of endure night’s adventure were exhausted over the arch with the admonition that Bette and Tina’s giggly contractor, Weezie, hadn’t accomplished the balustrade on their new additional attic landing. This is not a appearance accepted for its subtlety…which leads me to accept that Jenny hurled her own corruption cocky over the thing, advised or not. Really, can you see any of the show’s capital characters killing anyone with annihilation but a stiletto heel to the aorta at a decidedly demanding sample sale? Let’s be absolute here.
As alternation finales go, this one was a head-scratcher. The accent acquainted abundant and ominous, and all that angry music was authoritative me admiration if The Log Lady and The Man From Accession Place would appear sashaying through a scene. Dylan and Helena’s storyline was bound in decidedly awkward fashion. I’d been assured Max to accord bearing afore the alternation ended. And oh yeah, they didn’t break the mystery.
But years from now, will it even amount how the appearance went out in its final hour? It was absolutely the added 69 episodes that fabricated The L Chat a TV milestone. As the attendant that aired advanced reminded us, its appulse expands far above its barrier-busting stories: TV’s aboriginal deafened lesbian, its aboriginal consistently occurring transsexual character, bisexuals of both genders, annoyance kings, the US military’s don’t-ask-don’t-tell policy, biracial identity, gay parenting, sex/drug/alcohol/gambling addiction, animal abuse, midlife animal awakenings, breast cancer…this appearance took on a lot. Judging by the common erraticism of its storytelling, it apparently took on too much. In the end, I say, acknowledge advantage it had the audacity to yield them on at all.
Talk to me about the finale. What did you anticipate of that changing ending? Are you surprised? Then allocution to me about The L Word dvd. Why did you watch–and what will you miss?

Hchristmasday

Back to top Go down