ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Urie: 'I'm Not Gay Or Straight'

Go down

Michael Urie: 'I'm Not Gay Or Straight' Empty Michael Urie: 'I'm Not Gay Or Straight'

Post  claire-M Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:00 pm

Ugly Betty star Michael Urie has opened up the simpsons dvd box set about his sexuality, insisting he's never felt comfortable labeling himself "gay" because he's enjoyed relationships with South park dvd box set women in the past. The actor, who plays fashion assistant Marc on the hit sitcom, is currently in a long-term relationship with a man but he refuses to categorize his sexual Disney dvd box set orientation.

He tells The Advocate magazine, "I've never said I was straight, and I'm not saying I'm gay now. Disney dvd collection I never lie, and I've never shied away from the topic... I am not a hypocrite - certainly not now. family guy dvd box set I've been in a relationship for a while now, and if you just met the two of us together we'd be 'gay'. But that somehow means anything that happened before (we met) didn't count - and I don't feel that way. family guy series dvdI know that some people feel that way. They were with women, but it always felt wrong. how i met your mother series dvd But it didn't for me. It felt right at the time. It didn't work out, but it also didn't work out with other men - many times. the office dvd box set That's why 'gay' never seemed right."

Urie admits he has been guarded about his personal life in the past over fears 'coming out' could hurt his career, adding: married with children dvd box set "Certainly there was a point where I was like, 'I don't know how long Ugly Betty is going to that 70s show dvd box set last and how well it's going to do, and I might want some real anonymity if it ends quickly.' I was also never one to seek out publicity or attention, and I basically didn't want to be Naruto complete series dvd box set labeled..."

"But things are different now. I'm much more Curb your enthusiasm series dvd comfortable, and I'm not as worried about a future for myself."

claire-M

Back to top Go down