ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humor: Home Sweet Home And High School Reunions

Go down

Humor: Home Sweet Home And High School Reunions Empty Humor: Home Sweet Home And High School Reunions

Post  Nancybaby Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:20 am

As a student in Boston, I’ve adopted it as my city, and this is where my social life is. But since home is where the heart is, and where the turkey is, one tree hill dvd box set I was home in Connecticut for this Thanksgiving break. I had never really gone out on the town at home, that 70s show 1-8 dvd but the word was that there was a new bar in the center of town, bringing the grand total of bars in town to three. So, boston legal dvd accompanied by some Boston College girls and my 19-year-old brother and his friends, I had my first experience at friends dvd box set a townie bar.
Upon arrival at the Oak Leaf Tavern, dexter dvd in the grand tradition of underage drinking, the 21-year-olds went in first and the others followed with their dubious Michigan IDs. Mash dvd box set The unnaturally tiny photos on the fakes were essentially a dead giveaway, but clearly this was no trendy bar: the office dvd ye olde tavern didn’t ask for backup.
After months of patronage at Mary Ann’s Golden Girls dvd and other college-dominated bars, it was a mild shock to see a bar full of parents. That local celebrity who disney 100 years of magic dvd box set was on Survivor a few years ago, the youth football coach on stage playing guitar, Grey’s anatomy dvd the high school vice principal (who winked at one of my 19-year-old companions and said, “Your secret’s safe with me.”) Cold Case dvd– all the gang was there. As the middle-aged band played a rousing rendition of “Up On Cripple Creek” and a tipsy mom swayed on stage, Gilmore Girls dvd I started to get into the atmosphere. I felt like I was in an episode of Gilmore Girls: a small Connecticut town 30 minutes House md dvd outside of Hartford, generations mingling in a little tavern...I’ve never actually seen Gilmore Girls, Scrubs dvd box setso I guess the comparison ends there.
As the hour neared midnight, the parents started to Desperate Housewives dvd box set filter out and the members of my graduating high school class, now all 21, started to filter in. Criminal Minds dvd box set I know some people who stay in touch with a lot of their old classmates, but after almost four years at college, Grey’s anatomy dvd I’ve forgotten that 95 percent of the people in my high school class ever existed. I don’t particularly want to disney 100 years of magic dvd box set see vague acquaintances from high school, given the awkward exchange of pleasantries that usually ensues – Golden Girls dvd “Where do you go to school again? How is that? Oh good. I better go though, uh, I think my car is getting towed...” one tree hill dvd box set So, aside from my friends from high school, I commit to avoiding eye contact with old classmates at the supermarket and Starbucks.
But after four years of ducking that 70s show 1-8 dvd behind the tabloid rack at Stop & Shop, I was finally right in the thick of a reunion of sorts. I hugged people boston legal dvd I hadn’t talked to since elementary school, clinked beers with ex-football players who only know me because friends dvd box set of my little brother (a former star quarterback), and chatted with classmates from honors classes who are doing dexter dvd far more impressive things than I am. In short, I underwent my first class reunion. We all know the cast of characters...
Best-Looking: After four years in Mash dvd box set a sorority at a Southern university, an old friend I haven’t seen since middle school has become the poster ad for Campus Tan. the office dvd She was a vision in orange, wrapped in a Burberry scarf. “OMG, how are you girl! What’s your number, I’m totally calling Golden Girls dvd you tomorrow. Gotta jet!”
Best Eyes: That kid I had “the hots” for in disney 100 years of magic dvd box set second grade (that’s what the kids called it back then). No, we haven’t talked since second grade. Yes, he made a good show of being excited to see me after Grey’s anatomy dvd we accidentally made eye contact. “Oh, uh, I haven’t seen you in forever! Uh, I would hug you, but I’m Cold Case dvd holding all these shots.”
Most Likely to Succeed: I wasn’t surprised to hear that one Gilmore Girls dvd of the smartest girls in our class spent last summer delivering babies in Tanzania, while I spent last summer delivering clam chowder Scrubs dvd box setto old people. “I applied for a Fulbright to go back to Tanzania, but if I don’t get it I’ll just go to Madagascar again, and then med school after that.”

Nancybaby

Back to top Go down