ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recap: House, M.D., season 6, episode 8 ‘Ignorance is Bliss’

Go down

Recap: House, M.D., season 6, episode 8 ‘Ignorance is Bliss’ Empty Recap: House, M.D., season 6, episode 8 ‘Ignorance is Bliss’

Post  Nancybaby Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:42 am

Mini-review: Being smart is stupid, or something. Also, Gilmore Girls who does a guy have to punch in the face to get left alone around here?

Recap: This week’s cold opening was a little blah, Cold Case box set no gore or craziness. A down and out genius has a strange “hand not working” moment as he tries to sign a book for a rare books House dvd guy who realizes he used to be a prodigy. Call the hospital!

The case presents as ataxia, anemia, Scrubs dvd strangeness, we’re all excited about a case with a super-genius working as a delivery boy. House is pleased with his new team, Desperate Housewives dvd box set “got all my starters back, a couple of great free agents, I feel like Mike Tomlin…” then he looks at Foreman “Probably not as much as you." Admittedly Omar Epps was separated at birth from Pittsburgh Steelers Criminal Minds dvd box set coach Tomlin, see above…

The doctors want to know why he decided to give up the genius game. Gossip Girl dvd box setIt’s a great message this week: “I decided I would rather be happy than smart…” because it was hard to have expectations on him. Grey’s anatomy dvd Poor widdle egghead. They decide to remove the guy’s spleen because they think he has TTP … we all know that won’t end well. And it doesn’t, his next symptom is a stroke. Only on House is disney 100 years of magic dvd box set the stroke just PART of the problem.

Next, and also the Defining Scene:

Every once and a while parts of House break out of the easy expectations of broadcast dramas, and a scene steals the episode. Golden Girls 1-7 dvd The masterful set in this episode is his relentless pursuit of an invite to the Cuddy family Thanksgiving. It builds slow, a couple of faults as he tries to get Wilson to give up the address, Gossip Girl dvd box set and when he calls all the Julia Cuddy’s in the book. But he smashes it when he spends an afternoon in the clinic Desperate Housewives dvd box set (usually where Cuddy sends him for punishment) to impress the good doctor. She realizes this is either him with a bad agenda (screw with her) or a good agenda (prove he’s changed) Scrubs dvd and he gives her the full blue-eye treatment, saying “Which one is it? I’m dying to know!” She caves, invite extended, and House dvd rushes to Wilson for some more comedic gloating. Though, he does check with DMV to make sure the three-hours-away dinner isn’t a fake. She doesn’t know he has both good and bad agendas, and maybe a few more.

Nancybaby

Back to top Go down