ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gilmore girls run for Tide

Go down

Gilmore girls run for Tide Empty Gilmore girls run for Tide

Post  Nancybaby Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:51 am

Twins Leigh and Sarah Gilmore arrived at the UA campus last fall Cold Case box set after being recruited by women’s cross country head coach Randy Hasenbank as multi-sport high school athletes.
Fast-forward a year and they Gilmore Girls series dvdare part of the core of the women’s cross country team here at the Capstone.
“Their improvement is amazing,” Hasenbank said. “I’ve only had them for House dvd box set a year and three months. They are two of the most coachable runners and two of the most positive I’ve ever coached in Scrubs dvd box set20-plus years of coaching.”
Leigh and Sarah are sophomores hailing from Grove Hill, Desperate Housewives seasons 1-5 dvd about 80 miles north of Mobile. Throughout high school, both girls ran track and Criminal Minds dvd box setcross country as well as played basketball at UMS-Wright Preparatory School. Upon arriving at Alabama, Gossip Girl 1-2 dvd box setboth faced the challenging transition of running against stiff Southeastern Conference competition, and they have made True Blood seasons 1-2 dvd drastic improvements from a year ago.
“Leigh has gone from 60th to 30th this year in the SEC, Entourage seasons 1-6 dvd and Sarah has improved her overall fitness since last year from passing out of dehydration near the end of one race to finishing in the top 30 as well, Grey’s anatomy dvd box set” Hasenbank said.
The twins said they agreed with Hasenbank.
“I’ve improved tremendously over the past year,” Sarah said. “My CSI Las Vegas dvd box set fitness level is higher and I’m more prepared for the SEC.“
Leigh said that went along with another part of running: 24 hours dvd box setthe mental hurdle.
“It’s definitely more difficult when you’re not in shape,” she said. “Running a race is all mental and our coach has prepared ussex and the city dvd box setso well that it is easier mentally.”
Another reason the twins have had success is that they’ve been injury free. the office dvd Both Sarah and Leigh said they think that was one of their greatest accomplishments.
“We’ve stayed injury free andone tree hill dvd box setcontinued to have gotten better,” Hasenbank said.
He also gives the twins credit for their hard work.
“They are eager to get better,” he said. “We give them a plan, Ghost Whisperer dvd box setand they go out and execute it to the letter.”
Sarah and Leigh also are also involved around campus. the wire dvdSarah is a kinesiology major on the pre-med track and is in the pre-med honor society. Leigh is a mechanical engineering major. Seinfeld seasons dvdBoth are involved with Big Sisters/Little Sisters and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes In Action.
They also said that not only have they improved, las vegas dvdthe whole team has improved from last year.
“We stick together more as a team this year thanFarscape box set we did last year,” Sarah said.
The women’s cross country team looks to continue and improve upon its great season this Saturday when the Tide hosts the NCAA South Star Trek dvd collection Regional at the Harry Pritchett Running Park in Tuscaloosa.

Nancybaby

Back to top Go down