ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Like This Ship! It's Exciting!

Go down

I Like This Ship! It's Exciting! Empty I Like This Ship! It's Exciting!

Post  summersun Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 am

Before entering star trek dvd, you should know that you might find more of a character-driven drama rather than your typical summer action flick. Sure, there's special effects and action, but it's one of the more uninteresting elements of the movie, but then again, the movie doesn't really need it as J.J. Abrams aims to start anew with the franchise and remind the millions why they fell in love with it in the first place.
At first, the movie starts off as a prequel in the traditional sense that it follows how the main characters came to be, and why they come to do what they eventually do. Here, Abrams takes his time to design these familiar characters from the fatherless and rebellious James T. Kirk, to the outcast Spock who is constantly trying to find a place for himself in the universe.star trek dvd Raised by circumstance, driven by a search of destiny, the pair soon find their paths, personalities cross, and clash at Starfleet Academy. Of course, fate eventually lead the duo at odds to find themselves on the christening voyage of the U.S.S. Enterprise, which happens to make a run-in with the exact same villain who had killed Kirk's father some minutes before his birth. Strangely enough, the villain is looking for revenge... Whatstar trek dvd villain hasn't wanted that before? Make no mistake about it; Eric Bana would be a wasted one-dimensional character if you could tell it was Eric Bana beneath all that makeup..

summersun

Back to top Go down

I Like This Ship! It's Exciting! Empty Re: I Like This Ship! It's Exciting!

Post  summersun Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:14 am

I'm not in any way a trekkie.
star trek dvd I signed on to see this movie mainly to accompany a friend whose enthusiasm for its release was so infectious that it made me sufficiently curious to spring for IMAX tix. Good decision. Wow. Forget the stuff about time travel, black hole-inducing "red matter" and alternate realities (although I guess that was most of the plot); what we have here is
star trek dvd an absolute blast. It's the classic gonzo action flick of summer, an old concept and set of characters given a new lease on life with a freewheeling, gleeful joy. It had heart and that's rare for a film so reliant upon special effects. I'd see
star trek dvd it again. Hopefully, this will reinvent the series the way Batman Begins and Dark Knight did for the Batman franchise (for example). It'd be a blast to see this new, young crew take on more great adventures.

summersun

Back to top Go down