ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unbreakable and the Element of Surprise

Go down

Unbreakable and the Element of Surprise Empty Unbreakable and the Element of Surprise

Post  jackyfatie Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Every review I have heard about M. Night's movie "Unbreakable" was unfavorable. What people had to say about it was a little less than what the filmmaker would have wished. You can imagine my surprise when I found the movie to be absolutely fantastic. Maybe not what everyone thought it to be The Next Generation dvd box set Ally McBeal complete collection Cold Case complete series dvd Hogan's Heroes complete serie Cold Case complete series, but a fascinating tale of an ordinary man facing extraordinary powers and circumstances.Bruce Willis plays "David Dunn Criminal Minds series buy The Apprentice dvd series Stargate SG-1 series dvd Stargate SG-1 complete box set Ally McBeal complete series NCIS LA seasons dvd Lost complete set," a man who is facing relationship issues with his family and discovers at the same time that he has a few very powerful and extraordinary powers. Willis plays the part with a quiet and reclusive nature that reflects an average everyday guy wile at the same time making Grey's Anatomy the complete edition Band of Brothers seasons dvd Hogan's Heroes dvd complete set, it believable that he could be a super hero. Trapped between two worlds One Tree Hill box sets The Simpsons dvd set, the subtlety of his actions makes everything real to life. Just take a look at the scene in which Willis' son tries to shoot him. While other actors would act straight out panicked The Shield complete series on dvd box set Batman dvd complete set, he approaches it in a whole different way that stays true to his character and shows an amazing skill.Samuel L. Jackson plays "Mr. Glass" a man born with a genetic disorder in which his bones can break at a slight touch. He is an obsessed and surprisingly strong individual whose sole purpose is to find the opposite of himself The X files dvd Clint Eastwood animated Two And A Half Men entire series The Good Wife complete box set, someone who can't break. We all know that a character who is obsessed to such an extent can come off comedic if played by a lesser actor. Fortunately Batman the complete serries dvd Cold Case series dvd set Arrested Development the complete series dvd set Clint Eastwood dvds, we have Jackson who brings absolute intelligence and passion to his character that otherwise might come off corny and unrealistic.We can't walk away without taking about the visuals. Now Two And A Half Men complete series dvd, as you start watching this film you find out quickly and easily that this film is a comic book. Not necessarily the ones that your kids have Hayao Miyazaki on dvd, but the ones you had when you were little. They looked like real to life sketches drawn out in incredible story lines. This is what "Unbreakable" is. From the grayish blues to the startling red Gossip Girl dvd box sets uk JAG complete collection on dvd, real life becomes a comic book. The scene with Willis and the rescue during the kidnapping will be your prime example. It's amazing how much like a comic book it looks. In this scene even the rain looks drawn.The writing is Sopranos buy Grey's Anatomy dvd series Grey's Anatomy full dvd collection cheapest price, of course The Shield complete series 1-7 South Park complete dvd set Sopranos series dvd, unsurpassed. M. Night always pulls out the stops in his writing. I never fail to be amazed by his plot turns and the precision he uses in executing them. I am one of those who guess plotlines easily Felicity complete series Friends complete box set Friends dvd, but M. Night almost always surprised. This movie was no exception. I won't tell you what happens in this one, but you will just have to find out for yourself.I have loved all M. Night's movies (yes West Wing on dvd, even "Lady In The Water") Angel box sets One Tree Hill dvd collection Hustle the complete collection uk Arrested Development complete set, but "Unbreakable" holds a certain special place in my mind. I think of it often and to me that is a mark of a good filmmaker. He makes you hear what he is saying and you apply it. Alls I have to say is give this movie a chance. Tune out what everyone has said before and make your own decision. You might just be amazed.

jackyfatie

Back to top Go down