ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elderly deaf woman, injuries at 92

Go down

Elderly deaf woman, injuries at 92 Empty Elderly deaf woman, injuries at 92

Post  babyfish520 Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:42 pm

Neighbors identified the woman as Catherine Voultepsis, 92, a Greek immigrant who baked cookies for fellow tenants.
"She was a really nice old lady," the building's super Namko Tahirovic, 40, said of the woman who had lived there more than 40 years.
"She was amazing," he added. "She was beautiful."
Tahirovic said the victim lived alone in her third-floor apartment where the fire started.
She was rushed to Bellevue Hospital in cardiac arrest after the 11 p.m. blaze at the W. 21st Street building.
"She came out on the stretcher, she had oxygen," the super said. "They were giving her first aid but she didn't look good."
"It was huge," she said of the flames. "I had never seen an apartment blow out like that."
Pepper ran in the burning building to grab her dog and alert neighbors before calling 911, she said.
Five firefighters and two other civilians were also transported to Bellevue for smoke inhalation and heat exhaustion. All are listed in stable condition, according to fire officials. Seven tenants were treated and released at the scene.
More than 100 firefighters battled the late-night blaze, knocking it out in about an hour. Fire marshals are still investigating what sparked the deadly blaze.
That 70s Show DVD
The Big Bang Theory DVD
24 DVD Box set
24 DVD
I Love Lucy DVD Box set
I Love Lucy DVD
The Pacific Complete Series DVD
The Pacific DVD

babyfish520

Back to top Go down