ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Excellent Performance of PING G15 Iron

Go down

The Excellent Performance of PING G15 Iron Empty The Excellent Performance of PING G15 Iron

Post  obasam99 Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:22 am

The Excellent Performance of PING G15 Iron
You can call me skeptical but rather than blindly follow discount golf claims that the new Custom Tuning Port creates a better sound and feel, increases distance, and maximizes forgiveness, I borrowed a set of the G10 irons from a friend and put them head to head for over two weeks. ishiner
First, I was relatively surprised to find discount golf clubs that the feel and sound of the two irons is noticeably different. I would describe the G10 irons amongst the firmest clubs on the market - so firm in fact that I have complainedthat they would make a balata feel like an ultra distance golf ball. Obviously, the callaway ft-iz driver do not have the silky smooth feeling of a forged blade but I did find that they have a softer, crisper sound and feel.
Second, I had thought at first that PING was trying to pull a fast one when it claimed that the irons had more distance. If you look at the specs for the taylorMade burner superfast driver and the G10 irons you should notice that PING decreased the loft of every club by one degree. When I went to the range, I was expecting to gain approximately three to five yards of distance with every club. I was pretty satisfied with myself when I literally hit almost every club in my bag three to five yards farther with the taylormade r9 super tri driver than the G10.
Fortunately, I hit the clubs using a launch monitor later on in the day and found out that I was hitting the ball about three to five yards farther but was completely wrong about why. If the distance could be attributed purely to the loft decrease, I should have seen a slight decrease in trajectory as well. According to the launch monitor, my launch angle was actually higher with the titleist 2010 ap2 irons than the G10s. Honestly, I thought I was losing it. I thought perhaps that my swing was changing and I was biased. After randomly grabbing three other golfers to hit each of the clubs using the launch monitor I found that they were having the same results. In fact, the highest handicap player had nearly a three-degree increase in trajectory with the G15s.

obasam99

Back to top Go down