ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABC Family's new show -------Make It or Break It

Go down

ABC Family's new show -------Make It or Break It Empty ABC Family's new show -------Make It or Break It

Post  Hchristmasday Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 am

With Gossip Girl dvd box set, 90210 and The Hills on hiatus for the summer, you can get your weekly dose of raging hormones, competition and high school drama with ABC Family's new show Make It or Break It dvd box set, which debuts tonight.

Plus, now we don't have to wait COLD CASE dvd another three years to watch Olympic-level gymnastics on TV! ABC Family, which seems to be increasing COLD CASE dvd its edge factor daily, is branching out with a show that centers on the lives of teenage gymnasts asTwo and a Half Men dvd they climb their way to the top of the heap. After chatting with the show's creator Two and a Half Men and executive producer, Holly Sorensen, we're even more stoked about the Two and a Half Men dvd box set premiere this week.

Read on to hear what Holly had to say Two and a Half Men dvds about her inspiration for the show, about finding girls who could act their way out of Two and a Half Men seasons dvd a paper bag and do gymnastics as well as casting Full House child star Candace Two and a Half Men dvd series Cameron Bure.

Gymnastics is one of the most popular events Two and a Half Men season dvd of the Summer Olympics. Is this what inspired you to create the show?
I really liked the idea of cheap Two and a Half Men dvd preprofessional teenagers, teenagers with careers. I'm always kind of enchanted by the pursuit of the Olympic ideal. Everyone loves, loves, loves Gossip Girl dvd, but I think there's kind of a feeling that we want to see girls with a different kind of dream, in addition to that stuff. Make It or Break It dvd box set is a teen girl show that's really about something bigger than popularity or boys.

You've said before you traveled around Medium DVD to different gyms in search of gymnasts to be on the show. How did you find the girls who were Medium DVD Collection cast?
The casting was definitely Medium DVD Seasons the most labor-intensive part of the process. I mean we really searched. To pull from anyone who's doing gymnastics Medium DVD Box set is really hard, Medium Seasons because obviously if they Medium Box set are competing and training, they don't have the DVD Medium time to do it. In the acting world, we really narrowed it down to the girls who had a fresh face, weren't The Apprentice DVD Box Set overexposed and who had some training in dance or gymnastics. And Ayla Kell (who plays The Apprentice DVD Payson Keeler) is like a full-fledged ballerina. She can do some stuff The Apprentice Box Set on the floor that even the gymnasts The Apprentice DVD Collection can't do. At the end of the day, we really lucked out.

When we watched the pilot, the actress The Apprentice Seasons Chelsea Hobbs (who plays the less-privileged gymnast Emily Kmetko) stuck The Apprentice tv series out as having a totally different body type than the other girls. Was that on DVD The Apprentice purpose?
That part was so hard to cast. I was prison break dvd just getting more and more nervous. prison break dvd box set We had three weeks before we went into production. Chelsea Hobbs prison break dvds has a track background. prison break dvd collection The problem with her is that she did not have a gymnast body. But she was so the character and prison break dvd seasons was so interesting on screen. So we shot her in the pilot and then since the second we were done, she has been prison break seasons in gymnastics training. She's turning buy prison break dvd into an animal.

Are all the younger actors The L Word dvd learning gymnastics?
Yeah. They have been training everyday, The L Word dvds so they are all starting to do their The L Word Collection own stunts and stuff. buy The L Word dvd It's been fun to The L Word dvd seasons watch them.

Switching gears, we are psyched to see The L Word dvd box set Full House's Candace Cameron Bure make her TV comeback. How did that come The L Word box set about?
We were thinking about needing to cast a coach, and Candace Cameron Bure was possibly available. I met Candace, and I said, Supernatural DVD "I don't see you as a coach. Supernatural DVD Collection But there would be something great about taking you and putting you with the meanest family imaginable." Supernatural DVD Seasons And she said, "Yeah, that sounds like fun!"

Candace's boyfriend on the show is named Steve Tanner Supernatural dvd box set (Anthony Starke), and of course the Full House family name was Tanner. Was that on Supernatural box set purpose?
Candace's character was created after Supernatural dvds the pilot and after buy Supernatural DVD we completely established the name of the family as Tanner. We actually went back into the pilot Bones DVD Season to see if we could take it out. But it's written on the scoreboard, it’s written on the cars...It was one of Bones DVD those crazy coincidences!

Is there anything juicy Bones DVD Box Set you can spill about the first season?
It's so action-packed. One of Bones DVD Collection the interesting things about doing a teen Bones dvd box set show set in this world is that the Bones dvd seasons sport has so much discipline and so much focus. I even have to remind the network that these girls aren't just on a Buy Bones DVD cheerleading squad. They are like the Manny Ramirez's of their sport. So obviously there's going to be some The Sopranos complete dvd juicy teenage stuff, some juicy gym politics, because we're kind of marching toward nationals The Sopranos dvd in the first season.

What's your hope for the show?
We're dealing with the typical teenage The Sopranos dvds girl issues: professionalism, body image, sexuality, competition but in a much heightened, much The Sopranos dvd seasons bigger way. An Olympic cycle is four years, so it would be cool to go on that whole journey with The Sopranos collection these girls.

Are you going to tune into Make It or Break It dvd box set tonight? Are you happy to see Full House's DJ Tanner all grown up?

Hchristmasday

Back to top Go down