ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I-CON 29: A Q&A with Charisma Carpenter

Go down

I-CON 29: A Q&A with Charisma Carpenter Empty I-CON 29: A Q&A with Charisma Carpenter

Post  ivyivy Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:03 am

With a tattoo of Aslan from Narnia inked on her ankle, she walked in.

The crowd applauded her entrance as she lifted herself up on the stage and sat at the edge. “Just going to sit right here. Hi! I’m here for a Q & A and if anyone has any questions, have at it. Please, someone ask me a question.”

Charisma Carpenter visited Stony Brook University this weekend to talk about her experience in science-fiction shows and films at the 29th I-CON. Fans know her best as Cordelia, a chipper but snobbish cheerleader, in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." But she left the show to take a more prominent role in the spin-off, "Angel." She played minor roles in "Boy Meets World" and the short-lived "Malibu Shores," and could potentially play a mediocre role in director Sylvester Stallone’s "Expendables." She mentioned that she was miffed that the creators of "Buffy" killed her off the show before her character could fully develop.

For those of you who have never seen an episode of Buffy, it’s about a girl who was chosen to fight vampires and demons to protect the town of Sunnydale and, eventually, the entire world. Cordelia (Carpenter) wasn't her. But she spoke about her favorite moments on the show. She said that her favorite moment waswatchMash dvd season andScrubs dvd on the line,after that I think I am very satisfied with it.Are you satisfied with the Girlfriends DVD TV shows? Yes, exactly.Californication DVDs,I like La Femme Nikita DVDandSix Feet Under DVD season the time she broke free from the stereotypical female role of being labeled a damsel in distress and staked a vampire in the heart.

“I would really like to stab a vampire,” she said. The crowd laughed. She continued, "the director said okay, you’ve been the nicest to me, so you can.”

She said that the forth season of the show was “the worst frickin' season ever,” and that it ended horribly. The crowd bellowed out another set of laughs. She explained that she loved the third season, but the fourth was awful.Transformers DVD Box set
or you can go to have look about Californication DVD Box setor Ally McBeal DVD box setyou can buy it on the internet.
The tv serisesMonk DVD Box Set and the
The show "Angel" was what her character needed to develop into the person the writers wanted her to be. Her character, Cordelia, could finally say how she felt about Angel, even though it wasn’t like the epic love story with Buffy. “It was a different kind of love,” she said.

Because her fans are loyal, Carpenter would like to act in the sci-fi genre, but perhaps handling a bit more action. And she likes stand-alone episodes, rather than the episodes with storylines that go on and on.

She also explained that the the director normally takes you in a direction that surprises you. She wanted to live up to the writing.

When a fan asked how she reacted to Angel cast member, Andy Hallet’s death, she replied with aggravation and said, “What do you think I would say to that?”

“I’m not going into that, that’s just not cool,” said Carpenter.

Her career is important to her and she said that in the industry, “you don’t get to call in sick.” She said she only missed about three days during a span of eight to nine years of acting in the hopes of someday getting a larger role in a film.

She also showed off her comic skills. Mad Men DVD Seasonare also very good, I hope you like it. Halfway in, a fan got up, and on his way out the door, Carpenter stopped him by saying, “Where are you going!?” He told her he was going to a robot program. She said, “Really, dude? Fighting robots? Glad to see we’re all over 10 here.” The audience laughed for a good 20 seconds.

The interruptions were the most entertaining. At one point, a fan’s phone rang and Carpenter said, “Hey! it’s him! Y'all turn off your phones. It’s rude.” The guy said, “I was expecting you to be introduced.” Her bodyguard responded, “Hey! I can punch that guy in the eye.” The crowd laughed. “Hey, no violence!" she said. "I’m just kidding. Sure, violence is fine.”

The Q and A event was informal, humorous and more than an hour long. Not only did Carpenter just win the media guest award, The Two and a half men DVD is very good.. if you Charmed DVD want to buy one tree hill dvd it is a good prison break dvd place to buybut she won it at Stony Brook University’s I-CON.

ivyivy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum