ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hurt Locker' is Oscars' dream film

Go down

The Hurt Locker' is Oscars' dream film Empty The Hurt Locker' is Oscars' dream film

Post  summersun Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:17 pm

It seems fair to say glee season 1 dvd box setthat an almost subconscious yearning in part motivated the members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to vote the way they did. A yearning for a Hollywood that onceMerlin series dvd existed but doesn't anymore, a Hollywood where films like "The Hurt Locker" were business as usual and not Merlin box setsomething that was such an aberration, so outside of current norms, that it very nearly didn't get made at all. But if you voted for "The Hurt Locker," you could pretend that wasn't so. You could dollhouse dvdvote for a dream of a better world where these films lived long and prospered. And if the film actually won, it would be so much easier to make believe that that traditional Hollywood rome series dvdis still here when the reality is that it's gone, gone, gone.For though it was made with very modern skills, technologies and attitudes, "The Hurt Locker" Homicide: Life on the Street dvd at its core is a throwback to a time as far back as 1944, when "Casablanca" was the best of the 10-movie field, and The Vampire Diaries dvd releasethe major studios were in the day-in day-out business of making smart, exciting, character-driven films intended primarily for a grown-up audience.ButThe Prisoner complete series after having been beaten down by studio neglect and disappointed by halfhearted efforts, that audience is now so gun-shy that itJAG dvd season even stayed away from this film, making it the lowest-grossing of modern best picture winners.father ted box setEqually unusual in this Criminal mindsday and age, "The Hurt Locker" can be said to owe at least part its Oscar success to the united Criminal minds dvdfront put up by critics. It achieved a rare trifecta, taking the top prize from the Los Angeles and New York critics as well as the National criminal minds seasonSociety, and that sweep likely persuaded some academy members, who criminal minds episodemay have been as reluctant as the rest of Criminal minds series dvdadult America, to give the film a try.

summersun

Back to top Go down

The Hurt Locker' is Oscars' dream film Empty Re: The Hurt Locker' is Oscars' dream film

Post  summersun Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:19 pm

It’s been over a decade Criminal minds dvd collectionsince the Seinfeld finale aired and Jerry’s boner for NBC has not subsided.criminal minds season 5 Throughout all the turmoil that is currently leaving the National Broadcast Company in shamblescriminal minds season 4 the funnyman has never expressed an opinion against the company line. When NBC needs someone credible criminal minds tvto say some kind words, Seinfeld is their man. He would defend NBC’s embarrassment of a network to the grave.hat was the greatest Oscar openingCurb Your Enthusiasm complete series dialogue… that I’ve seen since I don’tSeinfeld complete season know when… I was in a room full of a bunch of people. People were just destroyed. Pounding tables… Great jokes, beautifully delivered. A very simple, but CSI Las Vegas complete seasondifficult thing,” said Seinfeld in an interview with Medium seasonAccess Hollywood.Come on Jerome, the Academy Awards were on ABC, they’re the channel with Lost csi miami box setand shit. You don’t have to defend them too. TheyDisney dvd collection’re doing just fine on their own.Why would he defend a rival network? Could it be because Alec Baldwin is the star of NBCDisney box set’s 30 Rock? Baldwin is a very funny actor, but he was clearly Michael Jackson DVD Collectionoutshined by co-host Steve Martin. Baldwin’s nervous flailing Michael Jackson Ultimate dvd Collectionof his left hand was most entertaining part of the opening dialogue.This is all in an effort to protect The shield complete seriesand glorify NBC, and to promote his new dreadful reality show The Marriage Ref. His newest creationGrey's Anatomy season is pretentious and painfully unfunny. He stood by Curb Your enthusiasm dvd seasonshis pal Jay Leno and NBC during the late night wars,get smart complete series using the opportunity to plug his terrible show. When the west wing complete serieseveryone was trashing NBC, Seinfeld sang the network’s praises. He even defended their treatment of Conan O’Brien.What did the network do to Bones box sethim?” Seinfeld asked. “I don’t think anyone’s preventing people from watching Conan. Once theybuffy the vampire slayer complete series give you the cameras, it’s on you. I can’t blame NBC for having to move things around. I hope Conan Buffy the Vampire slayer dvdstays; I think he’s terrific. But there’s no rules in show business, there’stargate atlantis dvds no refs.” Notice the pathetically obvious plug for his new reality show.

summersun

Back to top Go down