ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family Guy" creator to speak at LMU

Go down

Family Guy" creator to speak at LMU Empty Family Guy" creator to speak at LMU

Post  ivyivy Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:08 pm

Judaism, abortion,married with children dvd box set AIDS, the disney dvd collectionRepublicansimpson series dvd Party –disney box set Seth MacFarlane has no boundariesNaruto complete series dvd box set when it comes to poking funCurb your enthusiasm series dvd at different groups in his animated comedy series “Family Guy.”the simpsons dvd box set As an individual whose work encompasses free speech rights, the Loyolan and ASLMU have named MacFarlane the keynote speaker of First Amendment Week in Febfamily guy dvd box set ruary.

According to Nickfamily guy dvd box set Frontiera, disney dvd setsenior humanities major andfamily guy series dvd president of ASLMU, both groups debated a long South park dvd collectionlist of speakers and ideas all disney dvdsfor thethat 70s show dvd box set event.

“The Loyolan and ASLMU met several times throughout the semester to toss around names and ideas. We really tried to find somebody that would provide a different insight to the family guy dvd box set First Amendment than speakers in the past,”how i met your mother series dvd vsaid Frontiera.

“Seth is perhaps notdisney collection the traditional disney dvd collectionor expected speaker for First Amendment Week. However, this year both the Loyolan and ASLMU discussed family guy dvd collectionbringing someone to campus who lives the First Amendment,”the simpsons dvd box set he said.

MacFarlane is the creator of the animated disney dvd box setcomedies “Family Guy,” “Americanfamily guy dvd Dad,” and “The Cleveland Show.”South park dvd box set He voices four of the main characters on “Family Guy,” including Peter, Brian and Stewie Griffin, as well as their neighbor, Glen Quagmire. His active role in the show has left him defending his free speech married with children dvd box setrights on numerousdisney dvd set occasions.

With “Family Guy”Naruto complete series dvd box set at the center of several lawsuits due to copyright infringements, MacFarlane family guy dvd box set successfully argued that the First Amendment family guy series dvdsupported his right to air such content as “I Need a Jew,” aall disney dvds parody of the song that 70s show dvd box set“When You Curb your enthusiasm series dvdWish Upon a Star.”

“Seth practicessimpson series dvd his First South park dvd collectionAmendment rights and puts this to use in our living rooms. His subject material is often edgy andSouth park dvd collection comical, but he defends it as a constitutional right,” said Frontiera.

No stranger to controversy, MacFarlane has also been the target of a letter writing campaign initiated by how i met your mother series dvdthe Parents Television Counsel, asking Fox to pull “Family Guy” from its lineup due to inappropriate content.

Stephen Speicher, a senior biology major and Public Editor for the Loyolan, explained MacFarlane’s disney collectionappeal as this year’disney dvd box sets First Amendment Week speaker.

“When you Naruto complete series dvd box settake on issues American dad dvdsuch as religion and sexuality with humor and parody, you are family guy dvd collectioninevitably going to make individuals upset, but ultimately that isdisney box set what the First Amendmentthe simpsons dvd allows an individual such as Seth MacFarlane to do,” said Speicher.

MacFarlane’s speech will kick married with children dvd box setoff the eighth annual First Amendment Week, which runs from Feb. 9-16. While last year’family guy dvds speaker,disney dvd set Karl Rove, the former Deputy Chief of Staff for President George W. Bush, was protested by some students and faculty, ASLMU and the Loyolan hope that this year’s Curb your enthusiasm series dvdspeaker will appeal to the masses.

“I think the simpson series dvdstudent body willdisney dvd collection receive Sethall disney dvds with opendisney dvd arms, hoping to hear a joke or two along the way… KarlSouth park dvd box set brought controversy through his previous work with George Bush butfamily guy dvd box set I don’t think Stewie Griffin will bring the same controversy with students for Mr. MacFarlane,” said South park dvd collectionFrontiera.

This year’s disney collectionevent will seek married with children dvd box setto update the First Amendment and challenge students to “realize it isnSouth park dvd collectiont an outdated, unimportant part of a famous document, but instead a way of life and the means of American dad dvdsome individual’that 70s show dvd box sets livelihood,” explained Speicher.

“I feel thatfamily guy dvd First AmendmentNaruto complete series dvd box set Week is a great event to have on a college campus because it really opens our eyes to how much freedom and liberty we are granted in this country. I feel as though many times we go through our lives without realizing how lucky we are how i met your mother series dvdto live in a country that is rooted in freedom and that is something wefamily guy dvd collection want to remind students of during the week,” he continued.

MacFarlane will befamily guy series dvd speaking in the simpsons dvd box set Burns Back Court on Tuesdaythe simpsons dvd Feb. 9 at 7:30 p.m.

ivyivy

Back to top Go down