ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot soup is antidote to season's cold weather

Go down

Hot soup is antidote to season's cold weather Empty Hot soup is antidote to season's cold weather

Post  lalisabelita Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:38 am

"No soup for you!" says the Bones DVD box setcharacter called the "Soup Nazi" in a famously funny episode of "Seinfeld."

Well, I disagree. I say, "Soup for you! It's goodBuffy the vampire slayer 1-7 dvd for you!"

There is nothing better than a Buffy the Vampire slayer dvdwarm bowl of soup in this stargate atlantis dvdcold season, but I love soup year-round. It can be a plethora of healthy ingredients and flavors, as well as economical to make.

My favorite concoction is what I call mysix feet under dvd box set veggie fagioli. I start with a tomato base, add at least two kinds of beans (usually red kidney and cannellini), at least three vegetables (usually zucchini, carrots and broccoli), tons of spices The Wire seasons DVD(usually oregano, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper), and lots of love. It's hearty and full of vitamins.

When it comes to kitchen concoctions, I find The Sopranos complete series dvdthere are two types of people who cook. The first is thethe simpson dvd seasons series person who needs and must follow a recipe to the T . On the flip side is the cook who throws dishes together with a pinch of this, a handful of that, and voila!

I'm the latter, and that's the beauty of soup.

Soup expert Allison Bernhard, ownerBoston Legal dvd seasons of Soup Alley in Wilton, agrees. "We make big batches, and we make everything by eye, taste and smell," she explains.Sons of anarchy season 1-2 dvd "We use what's fresh and seasonal. And I think it's Monk seasons 1-8 dvdnice to keep food in tune to what people are familiar with."

That philosophy works, since sheThe Closer DVD Box set has been in business 12 years and hasMad men dvd seasona second location in Norwalk. Bernhard changes the menu every day, but says the traditional soups are what keep people coming back.

"Right now, it's chicken noodle, Criminal mindswinter vegetable bisque, country beef stew, lemon chicken rice, and chipotleCurb Your Enthusiasm tv series cheddar cauliflower bisque.

"For vegetarians, some of ourSeinfeld season dvd box set selections include lentil and chickpea tomato artichoke," she says. "We use whole ingredients likeCSI Las Vegas dvd seasonwhole cream and whole cheeses. It's not diet this or diet that."

lalisabelita

Back to top Go down