ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Walker spoke to Family Guy writer Paul Reaney

Go down

James Walker spoke to Family Guy writer Paul Reaney Empty James Walker spoke to Family Guy writer Paul Reaney

Post  ivyivy Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Paul Reaney is a former writer the simpsons dvd box set for Shoot, the cult football magazine. Naruto complete series dvd box setFor many this would seem like the dream job but it would appear that interviewing vacuous over-priced footballers with barely a brain cell between them is notCurb your enthusiasm series dvd quite as rewarding as you’d like to think. No longer able to bear that 70s show dvd box setthe philosophical rants of Kieran Dyer et al any longer everybody loves Raymond dvd box sethe has since taken on more rewarding projects such as researching out weird and wonderful facts for The Random Book of Paul and getting into the mindset offamily guy dvd box set the Griffin family to write disney dvdthe Family Guy album. We caught up with Paul in his newly adopted city to find out more about hiall disney dvdss diverse writingmarried with children dvd box set career.

What bought you to Nottingham?
I moved to West Bridgford from Brighton in American dad dvd2007 after eight years living on the South coast. My wife and I were really lucky having bought a two up two down before the property boom. We sold up South park dvd collectionand moved back north(ish). Before that, I studied and lived in London. I went to Middlesex Polytechnic which, unfathomably, has url=http://www.cartoon77.com/products/Everybody-Loves-Raymond-Seasons-1-9-DVD-Boxset-cartoon-1274.html]everybody loves Raymond dvd box set[/url]been made into a University. I achieved a Sociology and Politics degree when ThatcherSouth park dvd box set was giving them away. disney dvd box setIt’s largely worthless.

Where did your writing careerdisney dvd collection start?
I originally wanted to be a football writer and so in my that 70s show dvd box setspare time, voluntarily wrote sports and broadcasting bulletins for a local radio station. Then I joined a the simpsons dvd Brighton company who Curb your enthusiasm series dvddid PR for what was then the Vauxhall Conference and German football company, uhlsport. I was trained to write press releases and everybody loves Raymond dvd box setad copy, and workedNaruto complete series dvd box set quite heavily on branding, which was really interesting – it’s amazing how you can manipulate perceptions of a company and its products through copy, design etc. One of mine was ‘Improve Your FQ’ South park dvd collection– football’disney dvds version of IQ. Unfortunately, with Nike and Adidas buying up all the print ad space and elite players it didn’t have the routes everybody loves Raymond dvd box setto market or financial musclemarried with children dvd box set needed to make it work. I did, however, spend three days writing and shooting an ‘FQ’ ad with Pavel Nedved who was then European Footballer of the Year at the time – that was quite exciting. The ad meant I had to take my copy, have it translated into German, then to Italian, then to Czech! I think the end result was a bit Eurotrashy in allhow i met your mother series dvd honesty –disney dvd box set it was a bitthe office dvd box set gutting when I saw the final result. We (I worked on the ad with my boss) wanted the ad to be a bit like those police recruitment ads, the ones that had Lennox Lewis in, but it allthe simpsons dvd box set got lost in translation - literallythat 70s show dvd box set and figuratively – and came out allall disney dvds soft focus.

Was writing fordisney dvd box set Shoot more satisfying?
Writing for Shoot was great to begin with –the simpsons dvd meeting players and talking football –how i met your mother series dvd but after a while the gloss comes off and you realise you’re interviewing teenagers and twentysomething millionaires who, in everybody loves Raymond dvd box setthe main, are a bit thick, don’t have anything interesting to say and lackCurb your enthusiasm series dvd the capacity to Naruto complete series dvd box setilluminate football’s cultural, emotional and financial importance, influence or family guy dvd box set impact. This is a business where someone like Graham Taylor, who remember reached the top of the industry, uses the phrase ‘he’s South park dvd box setwhat we in themarried with children dvd box set game call pace’ describingSouth park dvd collection a fast centre forward – and that’s that 70s show dvd box setwhat we class as analysis!

ivyivy

Back to top Go down