ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost: Jack's Best Moments

Go down

Lost: Jack's Best Moments Empty Lost: Jack's Best Moments

Post  Hchristmasday Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:36 am

"Did the Red Sox really box set disney movies win the World Series?" We give the you the best and worst from our favorite hardcore spinal surgeon.
Lost: Jack's Best Moments Lost-jacks-best-moments-20100106042545280-000

January 6, 2010 - Jack Shephard. Doctor Giggles. COLD CASE dvd Our favorite tatted-up spinal surgeon with crippling daddy issues. He's the leader that never wanted to be a leader. The man with no fear (well, at least not after the five second rule). For all intents and purposes, he's our hero on Lost Seasons dvd – but a severely flawed hero who, over the course of the first three seasons, managed to turn a few fans off James Bond dvd box set with his inherent (to the genre) self righteousness.

We box set disney movies here at IGN have Mad Men Season dvd always loved Jack and we sympathize with the fact that, as a leading man on a network House MD dvd TV show, he has to exhibit a certain The Beatles Collection dvds amount of frustrating pride that prevents him from coming The Beatles Collection dvds clean with his feelings for Kate – perpetuating a "Big love dvd box set will they/won't they" romantic tension that just wasn't as believable on a stranded island setting Angel dvd season as it would have been on, say, another run-of-the-mill Angel dvd season TV show taking place in an office or a police The Office Seasons dvd precinct. Jack's hesitation over many things led Kate into the bed of Sawyer – the "bad boy" Little Dorrit dvdwho never made secret his lustful intentions toward her.

"You understand me, don't you The Office Seasons dvd Bomby?"
But all the things that made Jack Californication dvd box set falter as a shining white knight just served to make him infinitely more The Unit Complete season dvd interesting as a character. He might not have Law and Order dvd been the leader we all thought he could Mad Men Season dvd be. He might not have been the hero that his chiseled good Friends complete dvd looks might have painted him out to be. Stargate complete dvd Maybe he was, in fact, just a human being that didn't deserve the pressure Rome dvds that was placed on his shoulders. By Season 5, Jack Dollhouse dvd was more than willing to let Sawyer take Sons of Anarchy Seasons dvd the reins and lead the group out of danger.

There is still a part of all Apprentice DVD of us though that wants Jack to prevail. Because his father told him he never Chuck Seasons dvd could. Because he's a "good" guy at heart who acted selflessly to save others. When Jack went apes*** at the end of 24 dvd season Season 5 and decided to nuke everyone to Family Guy dvd season Kingdom Come with the hope that it would wind up rebooting the space/time Gossip Girl dvds continuum – you could still empathize. You could still understand Grey's Anatomy dvds why. And you could still root for him.

With Season 6 coming up One Tree Hill dvd quick, we decided to take a look back at the best (and worst) moments from Doc CSI Miami Season dvdShephard; aka "Hoss" aka "Cool Hand" aka "Cowboy"...

[BTW...SPOILER ALERT! Medium DVD Oh and..."Duh"]

JACK OF ALL Scrubs dvd sTRIAGES
Episode: "Pilot" (Season 1)
The first thing we do when we wake up in the Supernatural DVD middle of a bamboo forest with a piece of plane Californication dvd box set in our side and a dog in our face is, well, pass out and pray that Bozon will save us. Medium DVD Jack Shephard does the exact opposite – he runs in the direction of the screaming pregnant woman, the Medium DVD screaming Maggie Grace and the screaming engine Scrubs dvd that's about to suck in a dude.

Lost dvd's pilot opened with one hell of a scene: The aftermath of Flight 815's plane crash on a desert island, with a random doctor Supernatural DVD in a suit and tie pinballing from one triage situation to another. Jack earned his hero statusDexter DVD season (and leader title) in no small part by saving almost everyone on that beach that needed saving, True Blood dvd season and these first few minutes made us addicted to anything and everything these The Wire dvd box set characters do from here on out. Our favorite moment from "Island ER"? Jack finds Charmed dvd Boone (a lifeguard) giving terrible CPR to an unconscious Rose. Gilmore Girls dvd season Boone thinks they need to open her airways with a Bic tracheotomy, like they Criminal Minds dvd do on TV. "You go get a pen," Jack says dismissively, adding some trademark Team Abrams humor to relieve the tensest of situations.
ANYONE HUNGRY FOR Law and Order dvd ANGEL HAIR PASTA?
Episode: "Pilot" (Season 1)
Jack, as a leading man, also Buffy and Angel Series dvds served as an entry point for us as an audience into the horrific plane crash of Oceanic The Shield dvd season Flight 815. Later on in the series we got to see the crash from many different perspectives, but first came Jack's. We saw Heroes dvd season a man of action. A man who might not have wanted the burden of saving a ton of people's lives, Boston Legal dvd but whose expert training wasn't going to let him stand by and do nothing. The scene Rurouni Kenshin dvd when he meets Kate Austen and has her sew The Sopranos complete dvd him up was brilliant and one of the reasons why the Lost Season dvds pilot is one of the best pilots in TV history.

Jack had a certain philosophy when it cameThe Closer dvd to fear. While trying to convince Kate that she has what it takes to sew up a gaping The Big Bang Theory dvd wound in his side, he tells her a tale about particular spinal surgery Everybody Loves Raymond dvd gone wrong:

"When I was in residency, my first solo procedure was a spinal surgery on a 16-year-old kid. A girl. And at the end, after 13 hours, Heroes dvd season I was closing her up and I... I accidentally ripped her dural sack. Shredded it at the base of the Friends complete dvd spine where all the nerves come together. Membrane as thin as tissue, and... So it ripped open. Stargate complete dvd Nerves just spilled out of her like angel hair pasta, spinal fluid flowing out of her and I... Rome dvds The terror was just so... crazy, so real... and I knew I had to deal with it."

What made this moment Dollhouse dvd so great was, even though it came from his father, Jack Sons of Anarchy Seasons dvd had his an effective personal formula for overcoming anxiety in the face Apprentice DVD of danger. It showed both the vulnerability of a real man and Chuck Seasons dvd combined it with a hero's calling.

"So I just made a choice. The Unit Complete season dvd I'd let the fear in. Let it take over. Let it do its thing. But only for five seconds, that's all I Californication dvd box set was gonna give it. So I started to count. One, two, three, four, five. And it was gone. Little Dorrit dvd I went back to work, sewed her up and she was fine."

This "5 second rule" is not to The Office Seasons dvd be confused with Hurley's "5 second rule" which states that if you accidentally drop and Angel dvd season bust open a jar of DHARMA peanut butter box set The Mentalist in the woods, it's still good to eat if you scoop it up Big love dvd box set[url] quick with a leaf.

LIVE TOGETHER, DIE [url=http://www.dvdsetcollection.com/products/30-Rock-Seasons-1-3-DVD-Boxset-cartoon-1730.html]30 Rock dvd box set SOMETHING SOMETHING
Episode: "White Rabbit" (Season 1)

Whether Jack wanted to be The Wire dvd box set the leader of a bunch of whiny, drug-addicted, pregnant, fugitive crybabies or Farscape season dvd not, someone had to tell them what's what, dammit. All their pissing and moaning was leading Ghost Whisperer dvdthem down a bad path and what's worse Jack just went through a trippy Island fever trek through Smallville season dvd the jungle chasing after his own dead father. This was just not a group that was going to survive Boston Legal dvd considering the fact that there were bears, CSI Miami Season dvd boars and smoke demons out Mash dvd Season in the thicket waiting to devour them.

Hchristmasday

Back to top Go down