ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Park attack victim wants to 'fight the fear'

Go down

South Park attack victim wants to 'fight the fear' Empty South Park attack victim wants to 'fight the fear'

Post  ivyivy Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:52 pm

The knife slashes on herdisney dvd box set neck have started to fade, but falling asleep in the quiet darkness is still filled with terror and violent memories for the 37-year-old Seattle woman.
On a night five months family guy dvd box set ago, her life was South park dvd collection
forever changed by a stranger who crept into the South Park home she shared with her partner, Teresa Butz. For 90 minutes the two women were the simpsons dvd raped, tortured and stabbed until Butz, 39, fought back and jumped out American dad dvda window, allowing disney box setthe other woman to escape.
Butz died South park dvd collection
from her wounds.
Five days later, on July 24, Isaiah Kalebu, a man with a history of mental illness, was arrested in North Seattle and subsequently charged with aggravated murder, attempted first-degree murder, two South park dvd collection
counts of first-degree rape and first-degree burglary. Prosecutors aredisney dvd weighing whether to pursue the death penaltySouth park dvd against him.
The apparently random family guy dvd box set attack — police and prosecutors say the victims had no connection to Kalebu —disney dvd collection sent a chill through theAmerican dad dvd community that resonated well beyond the South Park disney dvd box setneighborhood.
The surviving victim South park dvd collection
hasn't spoken publicly about what happened inside their disney box sethome during the early-morning hours of July 19 and says she isn't ready to see her name in print alongside details South park seasonof the attack. But she said she wants people to know she's trying to move ahead with her life despite memories that are difficult to shake.

One way she's doing family guy dvd that is pushing disney box setfor women to learn how to defend themselves, an effort she says honors Butz.
After losing her partner and family guy dvd box set best friend, the woman remains afraid of the dark and hates to be alone — she can't sleep at night unless a friend is close by. She worries about again being the victim ofSouth park dvd collection
an attack by a stranger.
"Once you see the face of disney dvd box setevil, [another attack] just seems more plausible," the woman said recently while sipping on a mug of hot cocoa inside a Capitol Hill coffee shop. "I cannot close my eyes withoutSouth park dvd worrying that I'll wake up to something like this again."
Rebuilding her life
The shock of what happened and the constant support from friends and family made the first two months after the attack pass quickly, the woman said. She kept busy, returning to the simpsons dvd work two weeks disney box setlater. She also began intense counseling.
Through counseling, she South park dvd collection
said she has realized that she will never be the same. "Teresa and I created a home together American dad dvdand in one fell swoop it was gone," she said.
She declined to talk disney dvd box setabout the attack, saying she family guy dvd box set doesn't want to jeopardize the prosecution. She also refuses to say whether she believes Kalebu should face the death penalty. She does plan to disney dvd collectiontestify if the case goes disney box setto trial.
"I have a job to do South park dvd collection
and that's telling the truth," she said softly.
People who meet the woman are family guy dvd box set surprised that someone who has endured such pain and brutality can get up in the morning, go to work and just keep moving.
"I made a decision, once I knew I would live, and that was to live," she said. "I'm better now and every day I'm a little better."
Seattle policeSouth park season Detective Dana Duffy, one of the lead investigators on the case, describes her as "beautifulSouth park dvd inside and out." The two women disney box sethave become good friends.
"She has a strong family guy dvd but peaceful and loving character, beautiful spirit, an open and calming personality," Duffy said."I bonded with her instantly and knew we would be friends despite the horrific situation."
The woman has moveddisney dvd out of the South Park home she shared family guy dvd box set with American dad dvdButz and is living with a friend in a Capitol Hilldisney dvd box set apartment.
Authorities have credited Butz with saving her partner's life. Toward the end of the 90-minute attack, when Butz saw herSouth park dvd collection
partner being stabbed, Butz kicked the man off the bed, court charging papers said.
Butz then was stabbed in the chest and arm, but somehow managed to hurl a nightstand through the bedroom window, charging papers said. Butz leapt from the window, creating enough of a the simpsons dvd distraction for herdisney box set partner to bolt for the front door.
When the woman got outside, standing naked and screaming in the street, she said she knew she would live because disney dvd collectionshe didn't collapse. She then heard sirens disney box setapproaching.

ivyivy

Back to top Go down