ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exclusive Interview with Jakob Karr of 'So You Think You Can Dance'

Go down

Exclusive Interview with Jakob Karr of 'So You Think You Can Dance' Empty Exclusive Interview with Jakob Karr of 'So You Think You Can Dance'

Post  summersun Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:38 pm

This afternoon I had thestar trek voyager pleasure of talking with Jakob Karr, runner-up of season bones complete series6 of So You Think You Can Dance. From the moment he auditioned, Jakob wowed the judges and America with his flawless technique and soaring leaps. Adam the wire dvdShankman went so farmonk dvd as to say that Jakob was one of the most brilliant dancers he'd ever seen. Though Jakob wasn't named America's Favorite Dancer last night, he remains one of America's best. Jakob was an incredibly graciousDexter dvd boxset interview and a real sweetheart about me being a geeky fan. We chatted about Russell's win, what he wished he could have said to America last night, advice from his star trek voyager dvdBFF Jeanine Mason, the ladies he was lucky enough to dance with this season, and what's next for him. In the spirit of journalistic integrity, I've kept all my geeky fan bits in. Here is my conversation with Jakob in it's semi-embarrassing entirety. star trek voyager complete seriesHow are you feeling today? Exhausted or still excited?"It kind of all hit me today, as far as what my body has been through. But I am in a great mood. I am really sotwo and a half men dvd box set happy for Russell. I'm so proud of him, and there are no hard feelings anywhere."That's really good to hear. How did you feel going into the finale lastdisney 100 years of magic dvd box set night?"You know, I was actually very calm the whole time. The top six, we were actually a very tight-knit group of people, and before the episode evensupernatural dvd started taping last night, we all sat down and just said, 'Everyone here is so good at what they do. And everyone really deserves this in their own different way.' So we That 70s show dvdwere just excited to see who was going to win it, because we all thought that each other deserved it."Aww. YouThe unite dvd box set didn't really get a chance to say anything after the confetti dropped and Russell was named the winner. Is there anything that you wish that you'd had a chance to say, or anything you'd love to say right now?"You know, that was one thing that kind of threw me off a little bit, because I Greys Anatomy dvdwould have loved at least to say something. But, you know, what I learned through the whole journey is that everyone brings something different to the table at all times. And working with all the different choreographers and all the different dancers was such an amazing thing for me, and I really am thankful for this whole experience."So you had three, actually four, of my favorite pairings of the entire season."Oh really?"Oh goodness, yes. I just made a list "My Favorite Dances," and I was like, "And Jakob Karr, and Jakob Karr, and Jakob Karr..." So you worked with Ashleigh, Ellenore, and The office dvdKathryn. And I loved your dance with Mollee. Could you tell me a little something about working with each of those ladies?"Absolutely. Working with One tree hill dvdAshleigh I think was really the best thing that happened to me the whole time. Her spirit and what she brings when she's performing is something that I've never Boston legal dvdreally been around before, because she is so humble, and she's so at peace with herself at all times, and it was really inspiring. And, of course, I loved dancing with her because she's such a great performer, and she's really an amazing dancer.
With Ellenore, that was like a dream  Golden Girls dvd come true, because I, the whole time... I still think she's incredible. I think that what she does is so unique and so individual, and so just getting to be in the same room as her and watching her do something, is amazing. And, you know, she wasEntourage dvd my best friend the whole time throughout the show, as far as the top 20 is concerned, and I really loved working with her. Mollee is so sweet, and she works so hard, and she really does everything in her power to make sure that she does the dance correctly, and better. And she was soCriminal Minds dvd much fun to work with. It was so easy going. I really had a great time working with her.

summersun

Back to top Go down