ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Screen Actors Guild TV Nominations: A Mix of New and Old

Go down

Screen Actors Guild TV Nominations: A Mix of New and Old Empty Screen Actors Guild TV Nominations: A Mix of New and Old

Post  summersun Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Just two days after thestar trek voyager Golden Globe nominations, the Screen Actors Guild nominations were this morning, and the TV results are a mixed bag. The awards are a bit lessCriminal Minds dvd experimental than the Globes, nominating old favorites like Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Charlie Sheen, but they also have a little bit of new mixed in as well. Glee and Modern Family both bones complete seriesearned noms for their ensembles while The Good Wife picked up nominations for both Julianna Margulies and the ensemble. DRAMA ENSEMBLEThe the wire dvdCloserDexterThe Good WifeMad MenTrue Blood
-A very strange mix, monk dvdespecially with Dexter dvd boxsetan incredibly surprising nomination for the star trek voyager dvdcast of The Good Wife.COMEDY ENSEMBLE30 RocCurb Your EnthusiasmGleeModern FamilyThe Office
-A very strong line-up, it's identical to the Globesstar trek voyager complete series except the inferior Entourage has been replaced with the better HBO two and a half men dvd box setcomedy, Curb. While all the shows are funny, Modern Family is easily the show with the best ensemble cast.DRAMA ACTORSimon Baker, disney 100 years of magic dvd box setThe MentalistBryan Cranston, Breaking BadMichael C. Hall, DexterJon Hamm, Mad MenHugh Laurie, House
-I still don't get the appeal of Entourage dvdSimon Baker. He and supernatural dvdhis show are a flavor of the month for awards shows and will have no staying power.DRAMA ACTRESSPatricia Arquette, MediumGlenn Close, DamagesMariska Hargitay, Law and Order: SVUHolly Hunter,That 70s show dvd Saving GraceJuliannaMargulies, The Good WifeKyra Sedgwick, The Closer
-Arquette and Hargitay, seriously? Especially since the SAG Awards don't have separate categories for supporting stars, it's a crime that someone like Katey Sagal from Sons of Anarchy once again remains empty-handed.COMEDYThe unite dvd box set ACTORAlec Baldwin, 30 RockSteve Carell, The OfficLarry David, Greys Anatomy dvdCurb Your EnthusiasmTony Shalhoub, MonkCharlie Sheen, Two and a Half Men
-Yawn. Like the Emmys, SAG loves old dogs. I would The office dvdgladly replace any four of these men with Ed O'Neill, Ty Burrell, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet from Modern Family.
COMEDY ACTRESSChristina Applegate, Samantha Who?Toni Collette, United States of Tara
Edie Falco, Nurse JackieTina Fey, 30 RockJulia One tree hill dvdLouis-Dreyfus, The New Adventures of Old Christine-I'd forgotten Samantha Who? was even on this year, and Louis-Dreyfus is a bit passĂ©, but my main problem are the two Showtime ladies. I enjoy Nurse Jackie and United States of Tara, but they areBoston legal dvd NOT funny and neither of them should be classified as comedies. One is about a drug-addicted adulteress and the other is about a rape victim with a psychological disorder, not exactly big-time laugh Golden Girls dvd  factories.

summersun

Back to top Go down

Screen Actors Guild TV Nominations: A Mix of New and Old Empty Re: Screen Actors Guild TV Nominations: A Mix of New and Old

Post  summersun Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:35 pm

Last night I had a chancestar trek voyager to speak with Mary J. Blige as she got ready to sing her new single, "I Am," live at the finale of So You Think You Can Dance?She's not tall; but everything about Mary J. Blige, from her rigid posture and efficient walk, to her laser-focused eyes and unwavering voice, makes her seem imposing. Her muscular shoulders lead bones complete seriesdown to arms emblazoned with jet black tattoos seemingly writ large for the stage. She has a stunning confidence and boldness to her, but surprisingly, beneath all of that is an obvious vulnerability most of us are too afraid to show. This is a woman who wears her emotions on the surface for the world to see, and she defies them to judge her.Ithe wire dvd asked Mary about her name album, her appearance as a guest judge on American Idol, and how she would have fared as a reality show contestant when she Dexter dvd boxsetwas much younger.What was the feeling going into starting the new album?We started last year, sometime in March. I was in the middle of a trial. I didn't want to lay my whole trial on people so Imonk dvd used some of my bad moods, allstar trek voyager dvd the experiences I was dealing with from 2008 to now, to get out what's on the product. The significance of the title, Stronger with Each Tear, is basically saying that once you come out of these trials you become stronger; but while you're in them youstar trek voyager complete series cry. Sometimes you don't even think you're going to make it out. Once you make it out you learn your lesson, so you think [laughs] and then you're two and a half men dvd box setstronger.How do you think the sound of your new album comparesdisney 100 years of magic dvd box set to your old sound?It's definitely classic Mary as far as content and vocal. There's a lot of new musical sounds, but supernatural dvdit's not a stretch or to the left. It's right in the middle. We're not confusing anyone. People are happy.So you think fans are going to be pleased that it's not too much of a departure?Yeah. It's not, 'What is Criminal Minds dvdshe doing?' That 70s show dvdIt's none of that. It's, 'Wow! I like that stretch! How you progress from here to there - I love it!'
When you were new to the entertainment Entourage dvdworld, if The unite dvd box setyou had been a contestant on a show like American Idol, how do you think you would have done?Great! I mean, I would have won! I'm sure of that, yeah! I mean, I used to win talent shows; but it wasn't even a matter of winning talent shows. I used to get standing ovations when I was seven! When Greys Anatomy dvdI was well into high school I got a standing ovation for singing a duet with one of my girlfriends. We sung Luther Vandross and Cheryl Lynn's"IfThe office dvdThis World Were Mine." I mean, what else? I know I would have won! That's all.How did you like guest judging on American Idol?I loved it. I loved it, but at the sameOne tree hill dvd time I was a little sad because I hate to see people come in that don't have it. I hate to be the one to tell them. I just want to tell them the truth. YouBoston legal dvd have to be prepared. I wasn't always this person. It took me a  Golden Girls dvd while to get to this place. It was hard to tell them that.

summersun

Back to top Go down