ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golden Girls dvd box set

Go down

Golden Girls dvd box set Empty Golden Girls dvd box set

Post  Nancybaby Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:43 am

It probably takes a lot to thrill a Tony-winning one tree hill dvd box set singer-actor whom The New York Times once dubbed "the last leading man," but Broadway star Brian that 70s show 1-8 dvd Stokes Mitchell admits he was really excited to be part of "Christmas With the Mormon Tabernacle Choir boston legal dvd Featuring Brian Stokes Mitchell and Edward friends dvd box set Hermann," a one-hour holiday concert premiering Wednesday, Dec. 16, on PBS (check local listings -- dexter dvd many affiliates also will air a Christmas Mash dvd box set Eve encore of the telecast).

That's partly because the office dvd this choir was a big part of Christmas as Golden Girls dvd Mitchell was growing up in San Diego, he says.

"We always had music in the house, disney 100 years of magic dvd box set although my parents weren't musicians," he recalls. "One of my mother's Grey’s anatomy dvd favorite albums at Christmas was Cold Case dvd 'Christmas With the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.' I can still see the album cover in my mind, Gilmore Girls dvdbecause it was always one of the House md dvd Christmas albums we would play while we were opening the gifts.

"Remember the old stereos with the spindles, Scrubs dvd box set and you would stack the LPs, Desperate Housewives dvd box set and they would thump down as each one finished, and then you would flip the whole stack over? Criminal Minds dvd box set That's what we had. My dad was an electronics engineer, and he actually built our stereo, Gossip Girl dvd box set so we always had the best hi-fi in the neighborhood because he was such an audiophile. Golden Girls dvd box set I always loved Christmas music. It's just beautiful, and it was really exciting to do this show with the choir disney 100 years of magic dvd box set and this amazing 90-piece orchestra, one tree hill dvdI might add."

The telecast, which includes former "Gilmore Girls" star Hermann that 70s show 1-8 dvdreading "The Christmas Story," features musical numbers from Mitchell and the choir including boston legal dvd "Once in Royal David's City," "Sleigh Ride," "I Saw Three Ships," "Hallelujah" from Handel's "Messiah" friends dvd box set and "The Friendly Beasts," in an arrangement that especially pleases Mitchell.

"Mack Wilberg (the conductor) and dexter dvd I both liked that song, and we both wanted to do something that hadn't been done before," Mitchell says. Mash dvd box set "I liked it because of the possibility to act it and to vocally become each of the characters. the office dvd box set He did this brilliant arrangement expanding on that concept, and in between each character -- Cold Case dvd box setthe donkey and sheep, etc. -- he has the choir singing donkey or bird sounds, whatever, Gilmore Girls dvd box set but it's all just incredibly musical and very clever and subtle. I think it turned out exactly like we House md dvd both had envisioned it could."

Also on the program is a striking Scrubs dvd arrangement by Mitchell himself of Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring," adapted from an earlier arrangement he Desperate Housewives dvd had done for an intimate concert in a New York cabaret, backed only by guitar, Criminal Minds dvd six-string bass and percussion.

"I sketched out another arrangement having the choir do whatGossip Girl dvd the guitar was doing in that earlier concert," Mitchell explains. "It's an a cappella thing, disney 100 years of magic dvd box set with me doing a vocalise on top of them, and I sing it in a very high soprano voice you wouldn't normally hear. It's a joyous song, and yet it's Golden Girls dvd box set almost somber the way it originally was written by Bach, and I wanted to make it more joyful and fun."

The Mormon Tabernacle one tree hill dvd Choir concert, already available on CD and DVD, is one of two passion projects Mitchell has in that 70s show 1-8 dvd stores this holiday season. The other is an alphabet book, "Lights on Broadway: A Theatrical boston legal dvd box set Tour From A to Z" by children's author Harriet Ziefert. A portion of the proceeds from the book benefits friends dvd The Actors Fund; Mitchell is the organization's current president.

Nancybaby

Back to top Go down