ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heart-rending Stories

Go down

Heart-rending Stories Empty Heart-rending Stories

Post  ann1985 Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:46 am

Star Trek Voyager Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxsetis and always will be my favorite of the star trek line. I think the Star Trek Voyager Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset is definately worth the time to watch and the money to buy.For whatever reasons, "Voyager" even now takes a lot of heat for being sub-par "Trek". But, I don't know, I always thought Star Trek Voyager Seasons 1-7 was a pretty good show, though I often skipped Star Trek Voyager series 1-7 when it was on the air due to my hatred of frequent commercials. Even this first season, when (like most "Trek" shows) it was still finding its footing, "Voyager" was pretty entertaining. Heck, right out of the box, Jerry Goldsmith's theme alone was gold. Most people who don't buy Star Trek Voyager 1-7 won't realize that Kate Mulgrew was actually not the first choice to be the Captain it was a French actress named Bujold. Bujold was a fine actress but really too old for the part and she has no energy whatsoever. Star Trek Voyager 1-7 box set is not only the best Star Trek series, but it is in my opinion the best show ever created. I love Star Trek Voyager Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset(all seven seasons) more than most anything in life. If I were born and then watched Voyager, I would consider my life to be complete and fulfilled. I simply love Star Trek Voyager 1-7 that much. I can't imagine any other show that has ever been or ever will be created that can top Voyager. Plot, character development, cast, writing, and graphics (for the time) are all perfect. One must see Star Trek Voyager dvd at some point in his or her life in order to have truly lived.

We are all familiar with Law and Order:Special Victims Unit Seasons 1-8 formula. Law and Order:Special Victims Unit series 1-8 DVD Boxset has been rigid from day one. We start with the sex crime being committed, then with the detectives working on Law and Order:Special Victims Unit Boxset, to its being kicked over to the prosecutor for trial. This is often the show's strength but also its weakness. We know the formula so well that we're getting inured to it. I can consult my watch to see exactly where we should be in each show. I don't think Law and Order:Special Victims Unit 1-8 is much that can be done about this. Every show has a finite life span and the most any seem to eke out is ten or eleven seasons. And those are the very best shows ever! So I suspect that we are nearing the end with Law and Order:Special Victims Unit series 1-8 . I still enjoy the detectives and their cases and I think the actors do a fine job. I would not replace anyone who is on Law and Order:SUV 1-8. However, week after week with the same formula cannot help but get a bit tedious after ten years, especially with so many fresh and new series coming to the fore which are less formulaic. I'm still watching but I'm also a little less enthusiastic each and every time I tune in. Probably Law and Order:SUV 1-8 Boxset was every bit as good as the prior nine but its rigid formula over all that time is tiresome.

Great writing, interesting characters, heart-rending stories... all this and the terrific backdrop of Philadelphia make "Cold Case DVD" must-watch TV!
I'm throwing in my two cents after hearing whispers that " Cold Case Seasons 1-6 DVD Boxset" is in danger of cancellation. Not because it's suffering with low ratings, but because CBS wants to cut costs. Well, there are a whole bunch of ways to do that without removing one of the bright spots in their amazing lineup (like FINALLY ending the yawners "Survivor-East Bunghole" and "Amazing Race".... but I digress!). I understand that there's a reason Baskin-Robbins makes 31 flavors, but everyone has a favorite. And " Cold Case 1-6 DVD Boxset" is one of my go-to choices, like "CSI" & "CSI-New York" from CBS. The writing is taut, the characters an interesting mix, from the beautiful but damaged Lily Rush (Kathryn Morris) & her partner, Scottie Valens (Danny Pino), to the underappreciated supporting crew like the stern but supportive Lt. Stillman (under-utilized John Finn), old vet Will Jeffries (Thom Barry) and the hysterical antics of Detective Nick Vera (the talented Jeremy Ratchford). And the whole thing is enhanced by the terrific backdrop of Philadelphia - an amazing city of history and grit that is such a tremendous departure from the standard, boring choices most shows stick to, like New York & LA.
In a landscape where so much is available between cable and network fare, Cold Case 1-6stands out as different, engaging (using terrific music backgrounds to augment the story), and intelligent. One can only hope that if CBS makes the wrong decision and decides to let it go, that another network is smart enough to bring it home. They won't be sorry, and legions of fans like myself will find another week of emotional storytelling that quite often brings tears and sobs. It's quite the show that can do that, and in a way that makes you want to come back for more! Long live " Cold Case series 1-6"!

ann1985

Back to top Go down