ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pacific

Go down

The Pacific  Empty The Pacific

Post  homework Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:57 pm

It was week two on the tenth season of "Dancing with the Stars" on Monday night, Lost collection, and the celebs danced their hearts out in order to avoid being the first to go home.

Shannon Doherty and Mark Ballas opened the night with a jumpin' jive, BONES complete box set, which earned them a score of 20, Charmed dvd set, for a cumulative total of 38 between this week and last week. Judge Len Goodman instructed, "Work on the finesse but ... well done." Judge Bruno Tonioli commented, "Your energy was so much better, Cold Case box set 1-7," while judge Carrie Ann Inaba called the routine "very boisterous."

Aiden Turner and Edyta Sliwinska's foxtrot seemed to please the judges, earning them a 19 for a cumulative score of 34. Bruno said, "I can see a glimmer of hope for Aiden." Carrie Ann called it a "solid, solid dance, NCIS box set," while Len commented, Cold Case series 1-7, "Your footwork was very good."

Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya's jive was a win for the pair, earning them a 24 for a cumulative score of 47. Carrie Ann called it "totally in control, BONES box set," while Bruno enthused, "You're just like greased lightning tonight!" Len, Frasier collection, for his part, Medium collection, Cold Case complete seasons, said, Mad Men seasons 1-4 dvd, The mentalist complete seasons, "There was some really good jive out there," but also noted, "Work on those feet, get them a tad sharper."

Niecy Nash and Louis Van Amstel's foxtrot wowed the judges, BONES dvd box, Criminal Minds dvd box, The Unit dvds, and earned them a 21 for a cumulative score of 39. Len was thrilled, saying, CSI: Miami box set, Babylon 5 box set 1-5, "I thought compared with last week, you are a revelation." Bruno crowed, "You were light and frothy -- it was like a strawberry milkshake," while Carrie Ann also loved it, Lost box set 1-6, commenting, "You are spectacular in this really wonderful way."

Jake Pavelka and Chelsie Hightower's jive earned them a score of 20 for a cumulative score of 40. Bruno said, "Your energy and determination are great ... but the thing is, you really have to work on precision and technique." Len had an equally mixed take, Veronica Mars seasons 1-3 dvd, saying, "It was a little bit heavy sometimes…. But you know what, Star Trek Voyager complete box set, Cold Case seasons 1-7, True Blood seasons 1-2, there's somebody tomorrow night that's gonna go and I truthfully hope it's not you." Carrie also had both good and bad news for the pair. "Great start, love the energy. ... You are a joy to watch," she said, but she also pointed out, Mad Men 1-4 dvd, Charmed dvd 1-8, Charmed boxset, "I think you did a lift," which is a no-no.

Buzz Aldrin and Ashly Costa brought what Buzz called "that Aldrin oomph" to their foxtrot, but it wasn't enough to earn them high scores. The judges scored them a 12 to a chorus of boos from the audience, for a cumulative total of 26. Carrie Ann called it a "very tender, very charming foxtrot" but said "the dancing part was a little trepidatious." Bruno commented, The mentalist dvd box, "I have an astronomical discovery for you -- the man on the moon got stuck in the foxtrot."

Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough's jive wowed two judges, and got a middling response from the third. They earned a 28 for a cumulative score of 53. Bruno, who scored them 10 points, announced, "It was phenomenal. ... I have never seen, ever ... a jive that good in week two. ... Sensational." Carrie Ann also gave them 10 points, expressing, "Perfection. I loved it!" Len wasn't as pleased, giving them 8 points and saying, Medium dvd box, "I'm a little bit ambivalent about the whole thing."

Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy impressed the judges with their foxtrot, Lost dvds, earning a 23 for a cumulative score of 44. Bruno had high praise, saying, "Erin, The mentalist dvd series, True Blood dvds, you're a natural. You take to dance like a duck to water." Carrie Ann told Erin, "You are a beautiful, lyrical dancer." Len told Erin she should "trust in" her pro partner and said to all the celebs learning to dance this season, "Turn up, CSI: Miami seasons 1-8 dvd box set, The Pacific complete series, keep up and shut up."

Pamela Anderson channeled Marilyn Monroe for her foxtrot with Damian Whitewood, which impressed the judges, earning 22 for a cumulative total of 43. "What you do so well… is you go from character to character. You brought Marilyn Monroe right back to life," Carrie Ann told Pamela. Len commented, True Blood seasons 1-2 dvd, "It had an elegance about it, it had a cheeky charm," but also advised, Will And Grace boxset, MacGyver dvds, "Work on your posture." Bruno loved it, saying, "Pamela, that was a well-executed delicious tribute to the original blonde bombshell."
The judges weren't thrilled by Chad Ochocinco and Cheryl Burke's foxtrot

The Shield seasons 1-7 dvd
CSI: Miami on dvd
The Closer on dvd
Medium dvd box set
Criminal Minds series 1-5
NCIS complete series
BONES 1-5
True Blood seasons 1-2
Veronica Mars collection
Will And Grace complete series
Babylon 5 dvd set