ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex Rios is an overlooked

Go down

Alex Rios is an overlooked  Empty Alex Rios is an overlooked

Post  nhljerseyshop Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:25 am

After setting career highs with 24 homers and 85 RBIs in 2007, Alex Rios signed a seven-year, $69.835 million extension with the Blue Jays in April 2008. Midway through the 2009 NFL jerseyseason, however, Rios had regressed enough that Toronto gave him away—literally—to the White Sox, who claimed him off waivers. Rios hitNFL jerseys just .199 in 41 games for Chicago last season, but the team's gamble has paid off, as a revitalized Rios has been a driving force in the team'sNFL apparel playoff charge this season. He is hitting .292 with 20 homers and 79 RBIs.

The center fielder spoke with cheap nfl jerseysSporting News about his steps to re-emergence:

1. I recharged in the offseason.nfl merchandise When last season ended, I needed a break from baseball. It was a long, tough year, and I didn't handle some of the adversity well. nfl merchandiseLeaving the onlysteelers jerseys club I had played on was harder than Isaints jersey thought, and I put too much pressure on myself with the White Sox. I took some time off, hoping it would clear my mind and give me a fresh start.football jersey I worked out in the gym but did little batting football jerseysor baseball activities like I usually do. I met with Ozzie Guillen and a few nhl jerseyteammates for a workout in Miami in January. I hadn't talked to Ozzie since we spoke right after the season, but he told me what I needed to hear: I was going tonhl jerseys be his center fielder.
nhl team jersey

2. I regained my confidence.hockey jersey When I left for spring training, I had one thing on my mind: Get back that feeling I had in the years when things were going good. I told myself, "Keep it simple and try to be consistent." After just a nhl hockey jerseycouple of batting practices, I had that feeling again. I've had some jersey devilslows and highs during the season—the stuff everybody goes through—but Ipenguins jersey still have that good feeling I had when I homered opening day.blackhawks jersey

3. I maintained mlb jerseymy focus. I haven't let things bother me as much this season. When I didn't make themlb jerseys All-Star team, no problem. I looked at it as a way to rest and finish the season strong. baseball jerseyI'm on a pretty good team, which is different for me. My mindset is to win, baseball jerseysand I'm not even thinking about individual goals. The bigmlb baseball jersey picture phillies jerseyis all about reaching the playoffs. There will cardinals jersey
be more highs and lows, but I can handle it. It sure beats last season.

nhljerseyshop

Back to top Go down