ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gossip girl: I like best!!!

Go down

Gossip girl: I like best!!! Empty Gossip girl: I like best!!!

Post  iriscat Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:16 am

I have to admit I never watched gossip girl from the beginning - but after purchasing the complete first season, I have fallen in love with the show. As an avid OC fan I didn't know whether this show would embody the same complexities as the OC often did with characters whom are multifaceted.
Then I met Chuck bass I can honestly say I have never been immersed in a character as much as I have been with him - his ability remain with a contained and measured controlled exterior his stylized attention to detail and his charisma and vulnerability juxtaposes with his devilish plots and turns is truly captivating - he is an amazing talent truly a find his blend of heartbreak and heartbreaker and tragedy makes him a powerful lead actor, although the show is pitched through its protagonist Dan his entrance to the upper east side, it is Chuck journey most captivating he is an outsider detached at times from the social fabric of society in many ways he epitomizes a figure who at times can be the conscious on the gossip girl - he is the one all the characters turn to for help and he always delivers. His complex love affair with Blair the quintessential upper east sider her properness and her insurgence for titles and the trimmings of lady love, makes this character intriguing her character brings out his vulnerability and his fear of not being able to be loved or whether he can even love at times makes for a heartbreaking watch - It is his triumphant in the dhow we are most interested in - his escapism through drugs and meaningless flings with women make him even more complex he numbs his pain- the other characters just do not compare .

……………………………………………

Curb Your Enthusiasm DVD 1-7
Gossip Girl DVD 1-3
How I Met Your Mother DVD 1-5
The Tribe DVD 1-5
True Blood DVD 1-2
The Office DVD 1-6
Entourage DVD 1-6
The Simpsons DVD 1-21
Queer as Folks DVD 1-5
Nip Tuck DVD 1-7

iriscat