ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘L Word’ Creator Enters Uncharted Territory

Go down

‘L Word’ Creator Enters Uncharted Territory Empty ‘L Word’ Creator Enters Uncharted Territory

Post  honeys Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:04 am

SCRIPTED TV showsCSI Las Vegas regularly spawn reality CSI dvdversions. “Desperate Housewives” on ABC begat the CSI dvd box setBravo “Real Housewives” franchise. “Gossip Girl” on CW gave NCIS seasons dvdrise to “NYC Prep,” also on Bravo. Even “Green Acres,” starringdoctor who dvd Eva Gabor, is partly to blame for CSI Miami DVD“The Simple Life,” with Paris Hilton.

But the people who The Mentalist series dvdcreate those scripted dramas or NCIS Los Angeles DVDcomedies and those who produce CSI Las Vegas season 10 DVDthe reality knockoffs areCSI Miami dvd box set rarely one and the same. Andsmallville seasons dvd that makes Ilene Chaiken a smallville dvdpioneer of sorts.

Ms. Chaiken, the sharpe complete series dvd box setcreator of Showtime’s long-runningDoctor Who seasons dvd lesbian series “The L Word,” has crossed How I Met Your Mother dvdover to the reality side to makeHow I Met Your Mother dvd box set her own unscripted version, “The Real L Word.” Returning toHouse MD dvd the Los Angeles setting of the House dvd seasonoriginal series, itself inspired by Monk dvdits creator’s community in and Monk dvd box setaround West Hollywood, Ms. Chaiken monk complete serieshas cast six women to live their The closer seasons dvdlives on-camera for nine weeks, starting Gilmore Girls seasons dvdSunday, June 20. (The new series fills curb your enthusiasm seasons dvdthe 10 p.m. time slot in whichScrubs seasons dvd Showtime broadcast the original Six Feet Under complete series dvd collectionuntil it ended in March 2009.)

Ms. Chaiken quicklyshrek seasons dvd boxset learned the differences between scripted Army Wives dvd box setand reality. “I’m used to las vegas dvdbeing in control, and I’m completely Seinfeld seasons dvd box setout of control in this case,” she saidStar trek Enterprise seasons dvd box set over coffee at a West Hollywood cafe. “I knewStar trek Enterprise complete series dvd that I wasn’t writing theseSupernatural DVD stories, I couldn’t say what was supernatural dvd box setgoing to happen, and I couldn’tsupernatural on dvd change course midstream andThe tudors seasons dvd say, ‘God, maybe she should The Sopranos dvd box setcheat on her and go out Grey’s Anatomy dvdwith her instead.’ “ Ms. Chaiken didn’t Grey’s Anatomy Box Setvisit “the set” to avoid interfering Cold Case seasons dvdwith the women’s lives.

Her partner in michael jackson collection dvdthis project is Jane Lipsitz, whoseDesperate Housewives season company Magical Elves hasDesperate Housewives dvd box set produced shows like “Project Runway” (in its Desperate Housewives box setoriginal run on Bravo) and “Top Chef.” “People including ally mcbeal complete series dvdourselves feel like there’s two and a half men complete box setscripted and then there’s reality, and two and a half men dvdnever the twain shall meet,” said Ms. Lipsitz. “It’stwo and a half men season 7 dvd been this incredible collaboration. What JAG dvdunites us is this love ofHomicide: Life on the Street complete series dvd collection crafting great stories.”

The story process — where Get Smart dvdthe producers discuss the latestMy name is earl dvd footage at weekly story meetings — was glee dvdactually less different than glee season 1 dvdMs. Chaiken had expected. “The surprising Merlin dvdthing is the way it’s the same,” she Dollhouse dvd box setsaid. “The Vampire Diaries season 1 dvd box set is a good story.”

In this case, The Vampire Diaries dvda good story has more adult content than The Vampire Diaries Complete Season 1 on DVDBravo and MTV’s usual reality fare. “You cansmallville dvd collection be frank about things that you smallville dvd releaseshave to be coy about or cold case series dvdelusive about on broadcast television,” explained cold case dvd releasesMs. Chaiken, whose original “L Word” spinoffthe big bang theory series dvd pitch to Showtime, united states of tara season 1 dvda drama set in a women’s The Office Season 6 DVD Box Setprison, was rejected.

honeys

Back to top Go down