ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Simpsons dvd

Go down

The Simpsons dvd Empty The Simpsons dvd

Post  moonll Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:13 am

The twelfth season of The Simpsons Seasons 1-20 DVD Boxset follows the Simpson family into another year of dysfunction and cartoon absurdness. Although I think The Simpsons dvd is considered one of the greatest TV shows of our time, the simpsons seasons 1-20 has gotten very stale into its (sigh) twentieth year on TV. Honestly, they should've ended The Simpsons 1-20 years ago. It saddens me to see people who would rather watch Family Guy dvd or South Park complete season 1-12 DVD Boxset over this once hilarious show...but onto the twelfth season of the simpsons dvd.This set of course has the usual extras that you'd expect from a Simpsons set. There's a special intro by the simpsons dvd boxset creator Matt Groening, Audio Commentaries on each episode and deleted scene, Multi-Angle Animation Showcases, Commercials, a Global Fanfest featurette, Sketches, Special Language Feature, and the best of the Comic Book Guy. Nothing really exciting or "new". The Simpsons dvd is a decent season. I have decided I will keep buying each season of The Simpsons 1-20 until I reach the one that gets stale. And so far at this rate, it's coming soon. I remember the last good season was the thirteenth season of The Simpsons dvd, but I haven't really been keeping up on The Simpsons for sale the past few years.
Season Five of LOST dvd was the first that provided more answers than questions. The first four seasons of
LOST dvds had raised questions at an extraordinary pace, providing the occasional answer. But while the end of Season Five of Lost Seasons 1-6 DVD Boxset raised a couple of massive questions of huge cliffhanger proportions, we nonetheless got more of a sense of what is going on with the island, its inhabitants, and its visitors than ever before. There are still some major unanswered questions, like the origin of the island and what the deal with Richard Alpert (the ageless wonder) is and who built the statue (and what brought it down), but we still are getting an overall picture of things. What held true of LOST seasons 1-6 dvd boxset after Season One holds true of the show after Lost Seasons 1-6: whether this turns out to be a greatshow depends on how well they manage to wrap up the overall story line. There have been very, very few shows in the history of television that have set out, from the very beginning, to tell a self-contained story with a beginning, middle, and an end. Battlestar Galactica Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset (the new one, not the old one) was one. BABYLON 5 dvd was another. Many other show have more or less ended up telling a story, but in a way that wasn't crucial to the structure of the series. This was even true of a show like ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT. But for shows like LOST 1-6 dvd and Battlestar Galactica dvd, our ultimate judgment will hinge on how well all the loose ends are wrapped up at the end. The final answers will have a retroactive effect on the rest of the lost complete series. If we are left at the end feeling that the secrets of the island have not been adequately answered, this will undercut all that went before. If we don't accept the way the stories of the characters are resolved, it will weaken the series as a whole. I loved the way that Battlestar Galactica dvd ended (though I'll grant that not everyone did) and I fully hope that [urlhttp://www.dvdcollectionsale.com/Lost-Seasons-1-6-DVD-Boxset-DVD-1936.html]LOST 1-6[/url] will end similarly well. We've gotten five great seasons and I doubt that Damon Lindelhof and Carlton Cuse will suddenly lose their ability to tell a great story. Plus, they will continue to be assisted by some great writers like Drew Goddard and Elizabeth Sarnoff and Brian K. Vaughan (who got a great shout out this season when Hurley is seen reading in Spanish one of the volumes of Y: THE LAST MAN, the famous graphic series written by Vaughan).

The Golden Girls Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset
Grey's Anatomy seasons 1-5 dvd
NCIS seasons 1-6 dvd
Veronica Mars seasons 1-3 dvd boxset
Supernatural seasons 1-4 dvd boxset
The Closer seasons 1-5 dvd
Numb3rs seasons 1-5 dvd
Tales From the Crypt seasons 1-7 DVD boxset
24 hours seasons 1-7 dvd
The Apprentice Seasons 1-8 DVD Boxset
Bones Seasons 1-4 DVD Boxset
CSI Lasvegas seasons 1-9 dvd