ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smallville not so small...

Go down

Smallville not so small... Empty Smallville not so small...

Post  elaine1015 Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:14 am

I was thinking about this today after watching the pilot episode again and it doesn't seem like Smallville is so small at all. I realize that Smallville is named after the town's founder, Ezra Small, but it's often suggested that the town is in the middle of nowhere with nothing there.

Interestingly, in the pilot we see the "Smallville" sign back in 1989 with a population of 25,001 given for Smallville. Fast forward to 2001 and the same sign indicates that Smallville's population has jumped to 45,001. 20,000 people were added to Smallville in 12 years. That's an increase of almost 80% in twelve years, or around 6.6% per year, with an average increase of 1,666 people per year! Smallville would lead the state in population growth!

With a population of 45,001, Smallville is a small city, not a town. According to the 2000 Kansas almanac, Smallville's population of 45,001 makes it the 9th largest city in the state, just after 8th place Salina whose population measures 45,679.

Trivial? Yes. Interesting? Maybe, depending on your ADD medication level.

Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset
CSI Lasvegas Seasons 1-9 DVD Boxset
Supernatural Seasons 1-4 DVD Boxset
Scrubs Season 1-8 DVD Boxset
Battlestar Galactica Seasons 1-4 DVD Boxset
smallville season 1-8 dvd
boxset4less

family guy dvd
the simpsons dvd
how I met your mother dvd
friends dvd
desperate housewives dvd