ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who: The End of Time Part OneDoctor Who: The End of Time Part One

Go down

Doctor Who: The End of Time Part OneDoctor Who: The End of Time Part One Empty Doctor Who: The End of Time Part OneDoctor Who: The End of Time Part One

Post  Hchristmasday Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:49 am

Before moving on to the actual write-up, James Bond dvd box set let’s take a moment to offer some high praise to BBC America for showing this episode a day after it first screened in the U.K. A day! For the first time on American TV, we aren’t seeing the premiere of a “Doctor Who dvds” Christmas special when it’s warm outside, and the Christmas-themed portions of the story don’t seem hopelessly out of place. Back when I wrote up “Journey’s End,” I pleaded with Syfy Disney dvd collection to show the various David Tennant specials in a timely manner, so that audiences wouldn’t be forced to go elsewhere to get their “Who” fix or, even worse, get bored and forget about the show House MD dvd altogether. Good thing Syfy no longer has first-run rights here in the States, because I highly doubt they las vegas dvd series would’ve made the same programming move that BBC America made. Further, BBC America One Tree Hill dvd is committed (at least for the time being) to showing the episodes uncut, which is just as if not more Charmed dvd important. Keep it up BBCA, and you’ll keep building a devoted audience. Heck, even a week or two after the U.K. True Blood dvd season premieres would be more than acceptable in my book.
Doctor Who: The End of Time Part OneDoctor Who: The End of Time Part One TEOT1a
It’s always difficult to write married with children dvd about the first half of a two-part finale, and never more so than in this case. This episode is all over The L Word dvd the place in tone, and yet hangs together quite nicely, although it took me two viewings to realize Bones Season dvd the latter. Yet whatever one might think about “The End of Time Part One,” there’s no denying that the bigger picture has Star Trek Series dvd yet to be seen, and what Russell T. Davies unveiled in this hour is Criminal Minds dvd only a setup for the real finale. About the first 15 minutes of this thing just zoom by, setting up one aspect of Doctor Who dvds the story after another. In fact, there are so many Farscape season dvd elements that are set up throughout the hour that one wonders how they can all be addressed in the finale Ghost Whisperer dvd proper.
Doctor Who: The End of Time Part OneDoctor Who: The End of Time Part One TEOT1b

A narrator (Timothy Smallville season dvd Dalton) tells us that the human race is having nightmares, most of which appear to involve the cackling Boston Legal dvd visage of the Master (John Simm) – but they forget the visions in their waking hours. Only one man seems to remember –prison break dvd Wilfred Mott (Bernard Cribbins). In a wonderfully effective intro, he’s drawn to a church which he ducks into and studies a stained glass window, only to find that the TARDIS CSI Miami Season dvd is part of the window’s design. A mysterious woman (Claire Bloom) in white appears behind him, and tells him the story Mash dvd Season of the window, and how a demon once appeared and the “sainted physician” dealt with the creature. She says he is The Tudors dvd coming back, and then the Master’s cackling The Simpsons dvds fills the screen.
Doctor Who: The End of Time Part OneDoctor Who: The End of Time Part One TEOT1c

The tale jumps to Doctor returning to the Ood Audrey Hepburn Collection dvd Sphere, having seen the vision of the Ood from the end of “The Waters of Mars” as somethingNCIS season dvd of a psychic distress signal. He looks more pompous than ever, decked out in a funny hat, sunglasses, and a lei – wholly inappropriate attire for the snowy world Battlestar Galactica dvd season around him. Apparently, as he tells Ood Sigma, he’s taken his time getting there and has involved Buffy The Vampire Slayer dvds himself in numerous adventures along the way. He joins hands in a circle with an Law and Order dvd Ood elder (voiced by Brian Cox; while it’s great to have an actor of Cox’s caliber gracing a “Who” Warner Bros dvd episode, it’s a huge shame we don’t get to actually see him), and in short order he sees visions of Wilfred, Joshua and Abigail Naismith (David Harewood and Tracy Ifeachor) and Lucy Saxon Tales from the Crypt dvds (Alexandra Moen). The Doctor’s shows the Ood the events of “The Last of the Time Lords”, Mad Men Season dvd and they in turn show him the woman who picked up the Master’s ring from the base of the funeral pyre. The Supernatural DVD Doctor realizes that the Master is returning, but the Ood explain that his nemesis is only part of the greater Christmas gifts for kids design, which really seems to explain the episode as a whole. Everything here seems like primer for the last episode, and DVD set collection[url] even though “Part One” gets awfully silly at times, it’s probably important to [url=http://dvdsetcollection.com/products/Monk-Seasons-1-8-DVD-Boxset-cartoon-1865.html]Monk dvd season remember that it remains a Christmas episode, and therefore it “must” be entertaining and goofy, although I’ll give South Park dvds Davies due credit for balancing so many elements so successfully throughout the 60-minute running Family Guy dvd season time.
Doctor Who: The End of Time Part OneDoctor Who: The End of Time Part One TEOT1d

The episode moves on to 24 dvd season another excellent sequence featuring the failed resurrection/execution of the Master involving a handful of his female disciples and Lucy. Meanwhile, the Doctor speeds across time and space, and arrives Gossip Girl dvds only to discover he’s too late. Is Lucy dead? Seemingly so, but she may yet return before all is said and done, but the Grey's Anatomy dvds Master lives again. And while this is all going on, Wilf is trying to find the Doctor, and the Naismith’s have One Tree Hill dvd stumbled across some alien technology known as the Immortality Gate, and they need the Master to get it up and going. It’s around this point the episode slows down just a bit CSI Miami Season dvd and imbibes in some of the silliness I’ve been speaking about. The Master is hungry – really Medium DVD hungry, and some sandwich vendors and a couple homeless guys end up victims of his insatiable appetite. Simm is hilariously disturbed in these sequences, as clearly something went wrong with his Scrubs dvd resurrection, and aside from being hungry, he’s got a cache of nifty, almost godlike powers, but the downside of it Supernatural DVD all is that he’s burning through his lifeforce rather quickly. In once scene, in order to summon the Doctor, Dexter DVD season he bangs four times against a barrel, but I think this maybe a red herring, and not the four knocks we’ve been True Blood dvd season expecting, as this merely echoes the sound the Master hears in his head.

Wilf and the Doctor finally meet again, and the How I Met Your Mother season says to him something similar to what he once told Donna – about how they must be connected. There is indeed something strange about Wilf, and I’m wondering –Gilmore Girls dvd season just pure speculation here – what if Wilf was the Doctor’s father (only the knowledge is hidden from him withCharmed dvd Chameleon Arch technology), and the woman in white – who appears only to Wilf throughout the episode –Law and Order dvd was the Doctor’s mother? I’ve no idea how this would impact Sylvia and Donna, and I’m probably wrong, but there’s definitely something deep and secretive going on here, Buffy and Angel Series dvds and it’ll be fascinating to see how it all plays out. There are some lovely back to back scenes between Criminal Minds dvd Tennant and Cribbins and Tennant and Simm that really allow the episode to breathe, and give it an immense amount of character. Actually, the two scenes are broken up by more narration, and we finally The Shield dvd season see the face and shoulders of the narrator, who’s decked out in Time Lord robes.

The Master is kidnapped by Naismith Rurouni Kenshin dvd and put to work on the Immortality Gate. Wilf and the Friends complete dvd Doctor infiltrate that facility, and discover two aliens – the Vinvocci – planning to steal the technology, which we also find out more about. The Immortality Gate The Sopranos complete dvd has the power to heal entire planets, and it seems very reminiscent of the nanogene technology from Season One’s “The Empty Child” two-parter. The The Closer dvd Master steps into the Gate, and sends his template all over the world, thus bringing an end The Big Bang Theory dvd to the human race, and bringing into existence “the Master Race,” which is warped, scary and funny all at the same time (but mostly just funny). And then, just to make Everybody Loves Raymond dvd sure things haven’t gotten too silly, Timothy Dalton’s Time Lord Heroes dvd season returns along with all the Time Lords of Gallifrey, resurrected, waiting for Part Two.

Like I said, a hard episode Stargate complete dvd to write about since it mostly concerns questions rather than answers, but then again, Michael Jackson ultimate collection that’s the whole point of an episode like this. The problem with me writing this up is that COLD CASE dvd rather than sit around speculating for a week, I much prefer to just let the resolution take me wherever it’s going, lest Disney dvd collection I end up disappointed that expectations aren’t met. I didn’t even get around to mentioning James Bond dvd box set Donna, but it seems obvious she’s going to be a much bigger player in the second half, as las vegas dvd series her memories returned to her in the final moments. If there’s one thing I specifically didn’t like about this episode it was the use of Barack Obama, which was totally unnecessary. The Beatles Collection dvds I wonder what exactly got under Davies’ skin that made him want to do this? In the past, he’s House MD dvd used entirely fictitious political figures (the Queen notwithstanding) – why use Barack Obama and the recession in an episode that One Tree Hill dvd is so thoroughly grounded in fantasy? It really took me out of the fantastical world that is “Doctor Who dvds” and brought me somewhere else. We saw the President of the United States killed by the Master True Blood dvd season at the end of Season Three, and it wasn’t George Bush. How exactly does Obama fit into the Whoniverse?

Doctor Who: The End of Time Part OneDoctor Who: The End of Time Part One TEOT1h
Next Week: The Time Lords and ?.

Classic Doctor Who dvds DVD Recommendation of the Week: “Arc of Infinity” starring Peter Davison and Colin Baker as Maxil, Charmed dvd the head of the Time Lord police.

Hchristmasday

Back to top Go down