ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rednecks and Broomsticks"/"From Bed to Worse"/"Dog Gone"/"G-String Circus"

Go down

Rednecks and Broomsticks"/"From Bed to Worse"/"Dog Gone"/"G-String Circus" Empty Rednecks and Broomsticks"/"From Bed to Worse"/"Dog Gone"/"G-String Circus"

Post  ivyivy Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:01 pm

The Simpsons,the simpsons dvd The Cleveland Show, Family Guy, American Dad "Rednecks disney movies on dvdand Broomsticks"/"From Bed to Worse"/"Dog Gone"/"G-String Circus" season 21, 1, 8, 5 ,South park dvd episode 7, 8, 8, 8 Rate ItSubmit A+ A A- American dad dvdB+ B B- C+ C C- D+ disney dvdsD D- F - login to rate Grade saved. Add a comment B av club rating B reader rating based on 24 ratings
I was actually ratherthe simpsons dvd surprised to learn that the animation domination shows were all newdisney dvd this evening. Sitting out the Sunday after Thanksgiving is a grand TV tradition, and even though most of the other networks were new, I kind of thought Fox would take a breather. Instead,disney box set it looks like disney box setthey're putting that off until next week, which means I got to rush to Reno to watch disney dvdsall of them on a terrible hotel room disney dvdTV with tinny sound. If I messed up any of the quotes below, blame the TV, not myself.
On the other hand, these were some of the best disney movies on dvdepisodes of theseall disney dvds shows thus far this season. Maybefamily guy dvd it's just the simpsons dvd the post-Thanksgiving haze coloring my judgment, but I genuinely enjoyed all four shows this evening, and I thought this was the best Simpsons in quite some time, maybe the simpsons dvd since a couple of seasons ago. When even Family Guy isn't pissing me off, you know that I've either let my critical standards slip horribly South park seasonin the wake of disney dvd box settoo much tryptophanall disney dvds or the shows were enjoyable.
On to thedisney box setgrading!
The Simpsons: As mentioned, disney dvd collectionI really enjoyed this episode of The Simpsons. Trying to cram way too many plots into one American dad dvdepisode has been adisney dvds Simpsons trademark since probably the second or third season of disney dvdthe show (the first season was very subdued in this regard), but it's rarethe simpsons dvd that all of those plots hang together in a mostly logical fashion. Here, the story of the Simpsons trying to get home from their ski weekend dovetailed nicely with the story of Cletus and Brandine taking them in after their car disappeared beneath the ice, which dovetailed nicely with the story of Homer and his hillbilly pals embarking on an extended Sideways parody that was actually funny because it a.) arose naturally from the story and b.) was disney movies on dvdall about moonshine, which is disney dvdnever not funny. The tale of how Lisa fell in with a bunch of Wiccans wasn't as well-integrated, but once it got going and got past the "Here are some things the increasingly old and disney dvdsranky Simpsons writers have read about South park dvdin the paper" nature of the storyline, it, too, wasAmerican dad dvd quite amusing, especially as it led into Springfield holding disney dvdits first witch trial in centuries. disney box setThere was even an attempt to all disney dvdstie both of the main storylines together at the end, and while it was disney dvdsstrained,family guy dvd the attempt was appreciated. All in all, this episode was probably so good because it played to two of the less-explored facets of Homer and Lisa's characters - Homer's propensity to be kind of a savant at random tasks (particularly food South park seasonor alcohol related ones) and Lisa's occasional gullibility. Also, I laughed at the country bear jamboree gag for a solid 30 seconds, which is the most this show has made me laugh in ..disney dvd collection. God, disney dvd box setI don't know all disney dvdshow long. Grade: A-
The American dad dvdCleveland Show: At just over a third of the way into this first season, The Cleveland Show has disney dvdalready calmed downdisney box seta lot. There are still a few requisite cutaway gags in every episode, but there are far fewer than in the first three or four episodes. The series has also shown a certain dedication to really nailing down its characters and how they interact with each other. There's an emotional core to storylines like that of Rallo being upset bySouth park season how Cleveland hasdisney dvds moved in and taken his place as "man of the house" that reflect some of the things King of the Hill used to do, and whileall disney dvds this show doesn't seem to South park dvdhave the stuff to ever be as good as that show, I appreciate that it's mapping out just how Cleveland's arrival in these characters' lives has shaken those lives up. I also quitthe simpsons dvd e enjoyed the field trip subplot because it again got at some of the issues of blending a family (with Cleveland Jr. and Roberta trying to deal with each other) and shone a spotlight on the bears, American dad dvdTim and Arianna. disney dvdsArianna Huffington is maybe not the greatest voice actor in the world, but Seth disney dvdMcFarlane is doing some of his best work as Tim, creating a character who's both very funny and about as believable as a bear living in suburbia could possibly be. I doubt The Cleveland Show disney dvd collectionhas the sheer insanity at its all disney dvdscenter to ever be as good as American Dad,disney dvd box set nor does it have the pop cultural strand in its DNA all disney dvdsthat might make it as big of a mainstream all disney dvdshit as Family Guy,disney box set but it's good to see the show is carving out that identity. On the other hand, that's two weeks inthe simpsons dvd a row where characters have thrown up atfamily guy dvd being aroused by a man they thought was a woman, which is not the greatest streak in the world.South park season Grade: B-

ivyivy

Back to top Go down