ByTheSword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gossip Girl's Josh Schwartz: Chuck and Jenny Moving to Forefront

Go down

Gossip Girl's Josh Schwartz: Chuck and Jenny Moving to Forefront Empty Gossip Girl's Josh Schwartz: Chuck and Jenny Moving to Forefront

Post  summersun Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:44 pm

In Part 2 of ourstar trek voyager interview with Chuck and Gossip Girl executive producer Josh Schwartz, we discovered that the big hubbub over the threesome is the least of Gossip'sbones complete series worries. Schwartz tells TVGuide.com that there's another story line that will cause quite a stir when the show returns and it involves one of the people pictured here. Get the scoop on that, the progression of Dan (Penn Badgley) and Vanessa's (Jessica Szohr)the wire dvd relationship, Serena's (Blake Lively) daddy issues and more ...Watch full episodes of Gossip Girl TVGuide.com: What are you gearing towards in the season's second monk dvdhalf?Josh Schwartz: You're really going to see a real emotional arc from Chuck [Ed Westwick]. I thinkDexter dvd boxset Jenny [Taylor Momsen] and Chuck are really going to be driving a lot of story as we move into the back half of the star trek voyager dvdseason.TVGuide.com: Jenny and Eric (Connor Paolo) called a truce in the last episode. Will that actually stick?Schwartz: They've star trek voyager complete seriescalled a truce with each other, but Jenny's troubles are just beginning. She's still very much a teenage girl, she's grown up two and a half men dvd box setwith these kids who are older than her and always wanted to be a part of that, but she's going to find out that she's not quite as adult and grown up as she thinks she is.TVGuide.com: Blair (Leighton Meester) and Chuck's relationship seems to be going smoothly this season.
Schwartz: Yeah, although there was that moment at the end of the episode where Chuck saw that mysterious woman at his father's grave. That's really going to be a big part of it. We really want to move Chuck back into the forefront of the ensemble for a portion of these back episodes. You'll havedisney 100 years of magic dvd box set to watch and see if it's his mother.Add full episodes of Gossip Girl to your TVGuide.com DVR playerTVGuide.com: Serena seems to be lost this season, with jumping from guy to guy and switching careers.Schwartz: Well,supernatural dvd she was trying to find her dad, and failing that, there's certainly an issue she's been dealing with in finding men in her life that will fill that void. She's lurched That 70s show dvdfrom guy to guy as she's trying to make sense of that missing figure in her life.TVGuide.com: Will she be able to redeem herself?Schwartz:The unite dvd box set That is her journey for the rest of the season. It's a journey of redemption and maturity and understanding why she's doing the things she's doing and taking back controlGreys Anatomy dvd of that.TVGuide.com: Will she continue to mess up along that journ Are we going to meet Mr. van der Woodsen this season?Schwartz: We are going to continue to explore Serena's quest for her father. Obviously he resurfaced in Lily's [Kelly Rutherford] life and was in that letter that caused so much controversy at Christmas and The office dvdThanksgiving. That has definitely been set up.Chuck's Josh Schwartz: "It was boy becomes man last year, and this year it's man becomes spy"TVGuide.com: Why did you decide to pursue the Dan and Vanessa story line this season? It can obviously become very complicated One tree hill dvdbeing friends. Schwartz: Yeah, and that's going to be something that they're going to explore. They'vbeefriends for so long. She had feelings for him awhile ago and then he discovers heBoston legal dvd has feelings for her. Can they have feelings for each other and still remain friends is going to be a big question that we're going to tackle. I Golden Girls dvd  really like them together. I think you can bet on them exploring the complexities of their friendship.TVGuide.com: There was a lot of controversy surrounding the threesome among Dan, Vanessa and Olivia (Hilary Duff). It wasn't as crazy as people were making it out to be.Schwartz: We were surprised when it generated as much controversy as it did. Especially in that first episode, it wasn't so outrageous and a shock to the world. IEntourage dvd actually really liked it because I thought it felt very, very real and tentative and it had big emotional repercussions for the characters. I like the way the writers designed it and it wasn't just for shock value, but was actually being done to move Criminal Minds dvdstory and explore these character dynamics.

summersun

Back to top Go down

Gossip Girl's Josh Schwartz: Chuck and Jenny Moving to Forefront Empty Re: Gossip Girl's Josh Schwartz: Chuck and Jenny Moving to Forefront

Post  summersun Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:47 pm

Beau Bridges, who star trek voyageronce played a man who decides to have a sex change in the final moments of the Jane Anderson play Looking for Normal, now gets to portray a character who's already made that decision.On The Closer (Monday at 9/8c on TNT) the bones complete seriesveteran actor plays retired Detective George Andrews, the former partner of Detective Provenza (G.W. Bailey). When an old case of theirs is re-opened, George returnsthe wire dvd to L.A. to help close the case a second time.Only now, he's a woman named Georgettemonk dvd.Exclusive: Beau Bridges to guest-star on The Closer"I had spent a lot of time looking into the whole subject and meeting people who had gone down that path, and IDexter dvd boxset really ended up having a lot of respect for those folks," Bridges tells TVGuide.com. "It's a real tough journey and it involves a lot of courage. [It's] notstar trek voyager dvd an easy path in the world today, so to get in to those type of highstar trek voyager complete series heels again was interesting to me."Although secries creator James Duff promises the episode is one of The Closer's lighter hours, Bridges says it treats the subject matter with respect. "I told them right away ICriminal Minds dvd didn't want to make a lot of silly jokes about a situation that I felt was a serious one for people," Bridges said. "I liked the fact that there was humor in the piece, buttwo and a half men dvd box set it came more out of the relationshipdisney 100 years of magic dvd box set between these two people who had known each other for so long and had to deal with the difference in coming back into each other's lives."Checksupernatural dvd out photos of the cast of The CloserIndeed, Provenza is pretty shaken up that his former partner in skirt-chasing is now a skirt wearer. "The idea that people don't change is nonsense," Duff says. "Provenza has changed. He's learned to work with a female authority figure, and now he'sThat 70s show dvd going to have to learn to work with a partner who is no longer a police officer and is no longer living the same life he was living before. He's very looking forward to it and is very disappointed by the way that George has changed."
But ultimately, their closeThe unite dvd box set friendship — after five seasons, Bridges' character is the one to finally reveal Provenza's first name — wins out. "[Provenza is] a very tough, man's manGreys Anatomy dvd sort of guy, and this was his best buddy. ... So, he has to come to terms with that and it's very difficult for him. Through the telling of the story he comes to respect his old friend as a professional, and despite the fact that he's gone through his huge change and has become a woman, he still has what it takes to solve a case. IThe office dvd think that's what ultimately brings them together again."Go behind the scenes of The Closer with James Duff's blogs
Bridges, 68, says he enjoyed the extra time in the makeup chair and wardrobe trailer. But the one thing he doesn't miss:One tree hill dvd high heels."They had a scene in the Los Angeles train station where I had to walk away in these extremely high heels," Bridges says with a laugh. "IBoston legal dvd had been wearing small pumps for most of it because I didn't want to screw my back up, but I had Golden Girls dvd  to walk away on this tile floor. I'm never going to tell my wife to hurry up when [she's] going somewhere Entourage dvdin high heels. It was painful, man."

summersun

Back to top Go down